Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

18 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't know if we can get him, or if he would come but the most realistic manager that I think we can get is Unai Emery. I would welcome a manager that at the very least would have us operate as an organised team.

He was on a hiding to nothing at PSG, he has very good moments at Arsenal, and with a disjointed squad, he didn't get the extension of time Arteta did.

You don't win the trophies he has won without having something about you, we would be fortunate to have him manage us.

His contract is up in June, so we could possibly tempt him.  He turned Newcastle down before they got Howe, not sure why though.

42 minutes ago, duke313 said:

His contract is up in June, so we could possibly tempt him.  He turned Newcastle down before they got Howe, not sure why though.

My memory might not be up to it here, but if I remember right he was unimpressed with the leaks to the press that he was to become the Newcastle manager despite there not being a formal offer and promptly withdrew from the race.

• Like 1

Surely the board can't allow him to remain in place until the WC break.  We have 5 winnable games in that period.

Plus, any manager that did take over after the World Cup will have Liverpool and Spurs as their first two games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're in such an annoying position now. God knows what would happen if we went down.

I think we have the players to not worry about that. But Southampton and Leicester are below us. Far from the realms of possibility neither of them goes. Someone has to.

Emery I wouldn't mind but he doesn't leap out to me. His "pragmatic" style cost Arsenal many times when ahead. Obviously, an actual manager though, so a monstrous step up.

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Surely the board can't allow him to remain in place until the WC break.  We have 5 winnable games in that period.

Plus, any manager that did take over after the World Cup will have Liverpool and Spurs as their first two games.

I’m sure they will. I’m pretty sure he will be given both Fulham and Brentford, and maybe he can get a point or two from those matches, and that will guarantee him the job until the World Cup break at least. Even if we loses both that is only three loses in a row, the magic number seems to be five loses in a row.

46 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Even if we loses both that is only three loses in a row, the magic number seems to be five loses in a row.

What about 4 wins and 18 points in 21 matches?  And a PPG over those 21 games that would equal 32 points over a season.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Can't be worse than Gerrard... or can it?

I don't think Dyche is that bad a manager, maybe not the progressive foreign manager we all want, but his coaching ability is 10x that of Gerrard.

I don't think we currently have the strikers for Dycheball anyhow. Maybe we could recall Davis and Wesley.

Edited by duke313

I may well be wrong and he may end up surprising us all, but if we appoint Dyche it will feel very similar to me as the McLeish appointment under Lerner. It woud make me wonder if the owners are being totally honest with us about competing with the top teams.

We need to stop messing around appointing unproven managers, we need to stop appointing the middle of the road managers, and make a statement of intent by appointing a top class manager. It is the most important role in the first team, and scrimping on the pennies there can cost you many millions of pounds further down the line in wasted talent.

• Like 2

Just now, NeilS said:

I may well be wrong and he may end up surprising us all, but if we appoint Dyche it will feel very similar to me as the McLeish appointment under Lerner. It woud make me wonder if the owners are being totally honest with us about competing with the top teams.

Agreed.

For what it's worth, I think Dyche is a far, far better coach and manager than Steven Gerrard. It'd be underwhelming in the extreme though.

37 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Agreed.

For what it's worth, I think Dyche is a far, far better coach and manager than Steven Gerrard. It'd be underwhelming in the extreme though.

The Villa park crowd is demanding and wouldn't take well to Dyche brand of football. 

It wouldn't work. 

16 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

The Villa park crowd is demanding and wouldn't take well to Dyche brand of football. 

It wouldn't work. 

Dyche played that way because he deemed it the best way to win games with the resources he had. 

No doubt he would implement a different style with better player/money. 

• Like 2