Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

34 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

How is that Favre doing? He was one we were all into last time.

Just got a job at Nice but made a slow enough start as they recruited older players than he normally works with

Has got Pepe scoring though

• Thanks 1

Thomas Frank is decent but it’s still a middlingish appointment. Emery is a bloody good manager who had a lot to do at Arsenal. Maybe Pochettino has said no thanks hence why these names are being bandied about. 

Maybe it’s time to go to Argentina and get Marcelo Gallardo. I’ve wanted him to be our manager for something like 6 seasons. I’m sure he/Pochettino/ Sampaoli can take us up the table. But we need to act now. 

We’re going down with Stevie winning mentality G.

P.S Roy Keane wants to get back into the world of management…..

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Thomas Frank is decent but it’s still a middlingish appointment. Emery is a bloody good manager who had a lot to do at Arsenal. Maybe Pochettino has said no thanks hence why these names are being bandied about. 

Maybe it’s time to go to Argentina and get Marcelo Gallardo. I’ve wanted him to be our manager for something like 6 seasons. I’m sure he/Pochettino/ Sampaoli can take us up the table. But we need to act now. 

Roy Keane can just brood himself into oblivion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He was my first choice before we got Gerrard, his River team plays some mesmerising stuff.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Have to say Frank doesnt really inspire me. Has done well at Brentford but I dont see him making a step up

If he can take us to the same level as Brentford that is a step up from our current position.

1 minute ago, viivvaa66 said:

If he can take us to the same level as Brentford that is a step up from our current position.

Agreed, it wouldn't be a wow signing for me, but he could at least get basic coaching right and would put us in a much better position to attract a better coach in a few seasons.

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

would emery come to us though? he turned down newcastle

He seems a sensible chap then. I’m sure NSWE can impress him with their ambition and professionalism. Something I’m sure Staveley et al might have struggled with.