Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

7 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Chelsea are gonna get pochettino now ain’t they 😪

They want the unproven risk not good enough for Villa flash in the pan back to square one Potter, apparently 

Edited by a m ole

I think with Chelsea the squad is so big and so good that they can afford to takes risks. Even a terrible manager would have to have a shocker of a season not to finish top 6… so there’s no real risk. If we take a risk and get relegated then the risk is potentially huge.

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Chelsea are gonna get pochettino now ain’t they 😪

Possibly.

He has a style that requires a lot of running and player buy-in though and after his time at PSG, where he never really seemed to click, I imagine he’ll be wary of how Chelsea seemingly could no longer be arsed under Tuchel anymore. But then again its a huge payday even if it doesn’t work out.

33 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

Chelsea sack managers as soon as the results aren't right. Hasn't done them too much harm over the years. We hang on far to long for underperformed mangers 

They will now probably end up with Poch. Missed opportunity!!

Difference is they can afford to do this

Just yesterday on VT

“Graham Potter is overrated, only clubs like Forest/Fulham and a few others would have him”

Sky Sports today:

”Potter front runner to take the Chelsea job following Tuchel’s sacking”

I love VT 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Chine said:

Has Purslow got any Tuchel connection ?

No but I was told years back one of the failed takeover bids under Lerner (perhaps whoever wanted us in summer 2014) had agreed with Tuchel to be next Villa manager when he was at Mainz but obviously it never happened.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Potter wouldn’t be a good fit at Chelsea though, as he would need to show instant results and his thing is more the long build. My guess is he sees that as well and says no thanks.

Agreed he wouldnt be a good fit.

He seems a smart bloke and not necessarily the type who would take a quick payday over long term prospects.

Who knows though, money speaks loud.