Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 hours ago, babyblue said:

And all Leicester fans will rejoice. 

The guy is a Grade A c***, who takes zero blame for anything, throws players under the bus to save himself. Has the tactical nouse of a frog, couldn't sign a good player if it bit him on the arse. 

Be warned, his shelf life is very very short. 

Sounds just like Gerrard....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, babyblue said:

We were great for a year and from that point onwards it's been a slow unravelling. He demands control and removed good club men from key positions, installing his own men and everything starts going to shit in those departments. He throws players under the bus left right and centre. 

We've done well thanks to individual brilliance from players like Maddison, Tielemans and Vardy and not his tactical ability. The football, outside of the first year has been utterly woeful. 

I hope to god you want him, it will save us £20m.

Yeah I’ve always thought Rodgers was a shite manager

spacer.png

Edited by The Moustache of Teale

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I think the shittest thing that could happen right now is Leicester sacking Rodgers after this weekend, appointing Pochettino, and then beating us 3-0.

I think Poch is about as likely to manage Leicester as he is Aston Villa NFC! 

Rodgers is on a downward trajectory and he won't stop the slide, we'd no doubt have a bit of a bounce because hes not as bad as Gerrard (who is?) but theres no long termism there, within 2 years we'll want him out too

Potter or at a massive stretch poch and we can build something, Rodgers we wont

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Rodgers is on a downward trajectory and he won't stop the slide, we'd no doubt have a bit of a bounce because hes not as bad as Gerrard (who is?) but theres no long termism there, within 2 years we'll want him out too

Potter or at a massive stretch poch and we can build something, Rodgers we wont

Rodgers is just a slightly better Gerrard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'Ross @UnrefinedBrom My top 3 realistic Wife choices: 1. Margot Robbie 2. Dua Lipa 3. Jennifer Lawrence Villa Watch @VillaWatch1 Aug 29 This would be my top3 manager choices to replace Steven Gerrard. 1. Graham Potter 2. Brendan Rodgers 3. Mauricio Pochettino #AVFC EO Emirates mnd യുലพട'

I'd swap number 2 and 3 around.

He's a baggies fan so of course he's going to have a dig... 

But no **** way does Rodgers turn us down if we want him, his days are numbered and we'd be a get out of jail free card 

Potter I'm honestly not sure, wasn't sure after Smith either but you'd like think we could pull it off

Poch would be shoot for the moon stuff

29 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Adolf Hutter is available, did reasonably well at Mönchengladbach, Frankfurt and Salzburg. His name has a certain ring to it.

They actually named him Adolf? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't get the Potter hype myself. He just the latest trendy manager with a beard.  His win percentage at Brighton is about 30%. Sure they are currently on a upward trajectory but in another 12-18 months time they could be going down the other way if their best players are sold to the bigger clubs like Leicester. But the game is full of opinions isn't it.

• Like 1

On Leicester's subreddit there are some ITKs claiming that Rodgers has a ridiculous buyout clause in his contract, something like 10 million pounds.  The conspiracy theory is that they aren't giving him funds to work with because they want him to resign or leave by negotiated rate instead of sacking him outright.  

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Don't get the Potter hype myself. He just the latest trendy manager with a beard.  His win percentage at Brighton is about 30%. Sure they are currently on a upward trajectory but in another 12-18 months time they could be going down the other way if their best players are sold to the bigger clubs like Leicester. But the game is full of opinions isn't it.

At some point, Brighton will stop hitting on their replacements for their best players they sell off for a profit and their overachievement in the table will stop, kind of like what happened with Southampton.  I think Potter is a solid coach, not as good as some make him out to be on here, but I wouldn't mind him.  He's at least been successful everywhere he's been and played progressive football on a budget.  

• Like 1