Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

can we please appoint someone good now? with Dean Smith at least I enjoyed supporting Villa. I had high hopes for Gerrard. I knew it was a gamble, but really felt like it should have been our turn to strike gold. we struck shit and have to bail quick af now to salvage the season. can we just get someone like poch for once? is it really too much to ask?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So Pochettino… what’s the first thing he’s gunna change. ? 

He’ll coach them. Even read before an interview from rickie lambert at Southampton that Pochettino made him think about the game like no other manager ever had before. Explained why he wants you to do something and the reasoning behind it. Sad to see that a large cohort of our players in their early to mid 20s have kinda plateaued in terms of development . 

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

Bielsa? 👀 

Would be a complete disaster. His style takes a while to bed in and his training will burn the squad out in double fast time. We need someone who can come in and get what we have here working fast.

Personally think Pochettino is pie in the sky stuff. If you are Potter and your stock is sky high why would you make a move when Chelsea could become vacant soon and he’s constantly been linked with England. If Lange has more say this time, it could be Kasper Hjulmand. 

If Poch or Rodgers or Potter are not available then I would happily take a short term manager while they look for a long term replacement. The important thing is the sacking of Gerrard immediately. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Just now, Lupinthe5th said:

Please someone post a list of good manager choices that isn't Rodgers, Poch and Potter please. Best Post receives a like

This isnt my list but a decent start.

Summary:

10. Quique Setien
9. Sean Dyche
8. Jorge Sampaoli
7. Andre Villas-Boas
6. Javi Gracia
5. Marco Rose
4. Marcelo Bielsa
3. Rafael Benitez
2. Mauricio Pochettino
1. Zinedine Zidane

https://www.squawka.com/en/outright-markets/top-10-best-out-of-work-managers/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Please someone post a list of good manager choices that isn't Rodgers, Poch and Potter please. Best Post receives a like

I do like the look of the RB Salzburg coach but again it’s a shit league so hard to say. 

• Like 1