Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

You've got to feel for Critchley.

I'm sure ( should we sack SG) the 2-3 year contract we have to pay him off will keep his heating on this winter..and as he just joined he won't reflect on him at all.

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

can you sack someone at 62 minutes ? 

Better to do it then in case we pull one back. Sacking him after a 9-1 defeat would make us look bad.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Interestingly,

What manager do you think is capable working with this current squad?

We have very little width, two wingers? Bailey and Buendia ( Isn't a natural 10).

Most managers that are being suggested tend to play with wide players.

I think we have options.

Bailey can play wide.

Buendia and Coutinho can play wide, moving inward.

I think Ramsey can do a job on either wing.

I think Watkins can do a job on either wing.

It's not ideal and Gerrard has messed up the squad, but we've got enough to play something other than this mess.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think we have options.

Bailey can play wide.

Buendia and Coutinho can play wide, moving inward.

I think Ramsey can do a job on either wing.

I think Watkins can do a job on either wing.

It's not ideal and Gerrard has messed up the squad, but we've got enough to play something other than this mess.

Indeed. Watkins as an inside forward on the left for instance, with Bailey as a more traditional wide forward. 

We could even go (God forbid) 3 at the back and use wing backs to provide width, without having to leave massive spaces out wide in defence. 

There is a good, balanced team in there somewhere after this last transfer window.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Lose more games, throw the players under the bus a few more times, change team every week, talk some more about a Gerrard team etc etc. 

to be fair to Gerrard if he changes the team every week then “he doesn’t know his best side” but if he keeps the same team “he isn’t learning from his mistakes or adapting” so he can’t win with that one.

• Like 1

God forbid we have another Gerrard mini preseason when the world cup break comes.

No surprise there's talk of it being rotten at BHM with Gary Mac as assistant. It was the same when he was Houllier's assistant.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am all for giving SG some time this season to see what he can do but the way feelings to seem fairly strong against him which makes me think he will be gone sooner rather than later. Lets hope the next guy will cause less of a divide. Too much baggage with Gerrard's name and the fact that he replaced the much loved Deano for him to ever really win over the fans. 

Most Gerrard out advocates, do not have a problem with his name or his Liverpool connection or that he replaced Smith. It is very simple he needs to go because he is a bad manager and he makes Aston Villa a relegation candidate, and the longer he stays the harder it will be for the next manager to get us back to where we were when Gerrard joined.

I’m all for giving managers time, but it has to be something there that could make you believe that there could be improvement sometime in the future. With Gerrard it is the same mistakes week after week, with no improvement what so ever. When you think there is a minor improvement, your hopes are crushed more or less instantly. Like you thought against West Ham that he finally had seen that he must have Luiz in the midfield, to prevent the opposition to completely dominate the midfield area. What does Gerrard do, of course he substitute Luiz early in second half and loses the game. I’m sure his more experienced coaches must have warned him that it was an idiotic move, but he did it anyway. In short; he doesn’t learn from his makes and he doesn’t listen to advice or options from others, he needs to go. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

From the account that broke the Sarr OFF news...

Pinch of salt etc etc but let us have this moment of positivity 

This is just patently untrue. How would this person know and why would it be common knowledge despite Gerrard still being in the role? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Lose more games, throw the players under the bus a few more times, change team every week, talk some more about a Gerrard team etc etc. 

The disruption of changing manager is very big, the first year of a manager is problem the most difficult for a club. I don't want to see us go through the pain and then act before we have come out the other side. I get that things are not looking good but I would like to see him given a little more time. But I as I have said on here, since before we employed SG, my number one choice of manager is Poch and if we can get him I would sack whoever was in charge

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This is just patently untrue. How would this person know and why would it be common knowledge despite Gerrard still being in the role? 

Don't ruin it. Let us have this glimmer of hope

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

to be fair to Gerrard if he changes the team every week then “he doesn’t know his best side” but if he keeps the same team “he isn’t learning from his mistakes or adapting” so he can’t win with that one.

If you always lose matches you will get criticised. If Gerrard started to win some matches, there be less criticism. This is just how thing are. Expect a lot of Gerrard criticism in the future, because Aston Villa will lose a lot of games until we get a new manager.

Edited by viivvaa66

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I just wanna wake up , open my eyes and see gerrard is gone! and Poch or potter has taken over 

And what would u say to the Swedish twins lying in bed beside u when u wake up after that wonderful dream that became reality 😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Don't ruin it. Let us have this glimmer of hope

Finnnne I’ll go with it. Yayyy Gerrard is going to be replaced by Poch after the owners met him for tea and biscuits. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

tea and biscuits. 

I can ask the author of the tweet if there is any more information on the type of biscuit if that helps? 

FWIW I reckon Poch is a bit of a biscotti man who loathes dipping a biscuit into tea