Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Rodgers would be good for us for 3-4 seasons. Get the squad well drilled and up the table, with the club bringing in the necessary players. 

would then make us a better option for a top top manager. 

id be happy right now with big Brenda 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Premier League owners run clubs as businesses - they don’t throw money around based on what fans want. Dans being happy is completely irrelevant in the board room. Even for owners as likeable as NSWE.

It would be a better investment in the long haul if they stumped up the money in the now for a top tier manager then wasting on guys similar to Gerrard over and over again. 

I'm sure their analytics teams know that ;) 

37 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

So, they can cancel his contract, without his agreeing, and if he gets another job he receives no compensation for the original breaking of contract?

Riiiiiiiight.

They didn't cancel his contract without his agreement. It was cancelled with his agreement. He wasn't fired and marched out the door. They negotiated an exit with him which he AGREED to.

Edit: If PSG were just going to pay Poch the remainder of his salary in full, they would have just kept him on the payroll and had him 'working from home' or on gardening leave as it is called. They would not need to pay a lump up front and if Poch was offered another job in the meantime, he would have to resign from his job at PSG and also the club offering him a job would have to pay PSG compensation. This is why clubs and managers reach an agreement on their exit and this is why compensation payments cease when the manager gets a new job. 

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think the term mid season is referring to 'during the season' as opposed to between seasons during the summer. 

Save your rebuttals for Newsnight, Griffin! 

What people really want to know is whether Monday classes as midweek Footnall or not?

9 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Save your rebuttals for Newsnight, Griffin! 

What people really want to know is whether Monday classes as midweek Footnall or not?

I would say yes, Monday night football is classed as midweek football

26 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Since I don’t believe Potter or Poch would be gettable Rodgers so far looks like the more realistic candidate. But I’m still hoping Purslow will look to Germany and Spain for candidates as well, Marco Rose and others.

The only PL manager I would want outside of those managers in the top 6 is Potter. Other than that I would look outside of the UK and Poch is by far my preferred choice

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Rodgers massively bottled CL qualification twice with Leicester. His stock has been the same since. I think he hit a ceiling at every club.  

You would think he was managing Chelsea the way you go on. This is Leicester we are talking about. To even get in contention for a top 4 spot is a massive over achievement in itself. He also won an FA Cup and reached a Europa semi final in that time. He is more than good enough for us at the moment. 

If he can get us in the European places over the next couple of seasons then that will be fine. Then we could get a higher calibre of manager if he drops off. 

• Like 4

If the majo

1 minute ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Because of the manager.

Look at Spurs. Emerson Royal, Sessegnon, Dier, Hojbjerg etc haven't suddenly got better as individuals by themselves

They have a world class manager who makes everyone better

When players underperform as a collective, it sits with the manager, always has done, always will

Then we need to get one of them, then....what World class manager, would you suggest.

I think, Conte is up there, with the best.....as is Jose......hiw did they get on with Deli Alli or Harry Winks.

I seem to recall, Antonio was making noises to leave, until he found Levy's Wallet.

Managers do many things, its not all coaching, its recruitment too......its all the elements coming together.

We knew, we had a relatively inexperienced manager, maybe we didn't realise, how experienced you have to be in this league......I think he needs time, I don't think he will get.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Here’s the follow up tweet.

Some at Villa want to support the manager after sacking a manager less than a year ago, but some want to act quickly to appoint Pochettino before he becomes unavailable. The next few weeks will be crucial for Gerrard

A bit too detailed for it to be credible.  If it was just Villa has made contact with Poch's reps I could believe it.

• Like 1

I'm not greedy. Just need a manager that can get us in the top half consistently.  After that, we can start dreaming of Europe and trophies.

Poch, Potter, Rogers all certainly fit the bill

Edited by nepal_villan

5 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Here’s the follow up tweet.

Some at Villa want to support the manager after sacking a manager less than a year ago, but some want to act quickly to appoint Pochettino before he becomes unavailable. The next few weeks will be crucial for Gerrard

😃

DO IT!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

If the majo

Then we need to get one of them, then....what World class manager, would you suggest.

I think, Conte is up there, with the best.....as is Jose......hiw did they get on with Deli Alli or Harry Winks.

I seem to recall, Antonio was making noises to leave, until he found Levy's Wallet.

Managers do many things, its not all coaching, its recruitment too......its all the elements coming together.

We knew, we had a relatively inexperienced manager, maybe we didn't realise, how experienced you have to be in this league......I think he needs time, I don't think he will get.

We might not get a world class one, but we should be able to find one who is better than Gerrard because he's hopeless