A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

No black or white pudding, no hash browns, no butter or not enough on the toast. What's there looks good. 7 on 10.

There is indeed black pudding, at the top of the sausages, next to the tomatoes. Perhaps hard to differentiate on the photo from the mushrooms. There was loads of butter on the toast, but as you'd expect it melted into it. It was door step thickness bread, so there was a lot of bread with which to soak up the butter. And of course there were no hash browns, I'm not American and I don't work for McDonalds.

Edited by Risso
  • Like 4

I prefer brown toast when it's on its own (particularly Vogel's bread), but it has absolutely no place on the same plate as a full english.

Firmly in the anti-tomatoes group though - plum or fried. Just slap some beans on (preferably not in a separate ramekin) and happy days.

26 minutes ago, Risso said:

There is indeed black pudding, at the top of the sausages, next to the tomatoes. Perhaps hard to differentiate on the photo from the mushrooms. There was loads of butter on the toast, but as you'd expect it melted into it. It was door step thickness bread, so there was a lot of bread with which to soak up the butter. And of course there were no hash browns, I'm not American and I don't work for McDonalds.

You're right, there is black pudding! But there are definitely sections of that toast that haven't been sufficiently buttered. I'm nitpicking.

However, I don't refuse to have nice things just because they're "American". Bubble and squeak can apparently be part of a traditional FEB, but hash browns are better and more convenient. Or in an Irish breakfast there are potato farls. The common denominator here is some potato is needed.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You're right, there is black pudding! But there are definitely sections of that toast that haven't been sufficiently buttered. I'm nitpicking.

However, I don't refuse to have nice things just because they're "American". Bubble and squeak can apparently be part of a traditional FEB, but hash browns are better and more convenient. Or in an Irish breakfast there are potato farls. The common denominator here is some potato is needed.

you started on the pop early, maybe keep those views to yourself, we have enough hot takes on VT as it is.

You think grilled tomatoes are bad? What the **** are these doing:

0_Traditional-English-breakfast-with-fri

This looks epic, I could probably only manage two plates:

image.jpg?id=33307129&width=994&quality=

Thought this was the FEB thread. I've crossed the streams!

Edited by fightoffyour

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

The Irish do it because...potatoes. The Americans do it because they don't know any better, and given how crap their bacon is, adding just about anything would improve their breakfasts overall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

This looks epic, I could probably only manage two plates:

image.jpg?id=33307129&width=994&quality=

Thought this was the FEB thread. I've crossed the streams!

You see them tomatoes? My wife insists on putting that stuff on a FEB. We are only together for the sake of the child. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Not for me. Only white bread makes good toast. 

I'd happily never eat white bread ever again, toasted or not.

Genuinely prefer the taste of brown and find white bread to sweet.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I do it for the crispness, want that texture in there

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

We are all in agreement until @Xela finishes work. 

Its a good effort from @Risso and the communist beans are sufficiently distanced from the capitalist eggs by a 'Berlin wall' of porcine products. 

8/10. WE.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

"Could I get some beans with my bean juice please?"

Absolute horror show. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â