January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

So why bid 45 Million for a winger who don't want to come 6 days before the Transfer window shuts when we've had since the 1st January?

Now our first choice as rejected us, Betis won't sell us our 2nd choice. how far do we go down the list?

Have we actually bid 45m for him though? I’ve only seen one report of this so far

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Aston Villa confirm Alex Moreno transfer as Spanish left-back completes  £13m move from Real Betis Villa confirm Jhon Durán signing | AVFC

These are actual human footballers that the club have signed. 

😂 If you're happy with the netspend this transfer market and in the last few seasons than fair enough. I expect more. 

1) I thought we'd bid £45m for Neco Williams and nearly shit myself.

2) Its weird in 2023 where tapping up is basically standard to bid record fee's for 2 players who have no interest. 

2b) Thats either panicking or a bid we knew wouldn't go ahead to make another club think we are working on other options

3) Its great that we're back to younger, highly talented players again. I know we didn't really leave it (Kamara) but I had a slight concern in back of my mind with 3-5 29 Yr Olds over last 18 months.

8 minutes ago, markc said:

Can't believe we don't sound a player out to see if he's interested in coming before we put a bid in.

And, I certainly don't believe we have done it twice now, on Merino and Williams.

We probably just sounded out them plus quite a few other quality players like most professional clubs do, and some say yes like Moreno and Duran, and many say no (because we are trying to get real quality).  Sounding out players is just normal football business, the media are just trying to spin it as a real story which it’s not.  We and other clubs do it all the time.  If all parties eventually agree, a deal is done….there is no real story here.  The only thing we can take from this, if true, is we are sounding out quality players and not bang average.  I can take good from this…

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

danjuma has pulled out of the everton move and "another PL club is involved"

you'd think that's either us or bournemouth?

or chelsea

You shouldn't laugh at Everton...but it's hard sometimes!

What separates a panic bid from a regular bid? 

Do we drive over to the parent club in a redlined sports car, knocking over shopping carts full of cans, and smashing a window being carried slowly across a road by workmen, screech to a halt in the club car park, and run sweatily into the reception before throwing a clammy handful of transfer documents into the face of a bewildered receptionist and shouting 'GOOOOOOOO!!!' at the top of our lungs? 

Just wondering.

• Haha 1