January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

I find the angle that both players want to stay in Spain a little dubious. Of course its possible but PL is the place to be, Emery is a top manager and Villa is a massive club with momentum. They'll earn way more money.
The "wants to stay in LA Liga" caveat seems trotted out in almost every article now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I find the angle that both players want to stay in Spain a little dubious. Of course its possible but PL is the place to be, Emery is a top manager and Villa is a massive club with momentum. They'll earn way more money.
The "wants to stay in LA Liga" caveat seems trotted out in almost every article now.

To be fair, Sociedad are are in a CL place right now. So it’s fair that Merino would stay during this window. 

21 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

kinda goes against the punchline of this article then:

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/01/03/nico-williams-keen-on-move-to-premier-league-side

According to Todofichajes, Williams is keen on a move to the Premier League, and he has stalled talks over a new contract with the Basque club as a result. With his current deal, which has a rather appealing €50m recent clause, expiring at the end of next season, Emery will be hoping that a deal can be concluded for one of La Liga’s top young talents.

Wants to leave? Wants to stay? Baseless speculation continues in good order.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah but according to a tier 1 VT poster, we have no money. 

Tbf to him, he's right. Bournemouth and Leeds are splashing the cash and we're waiting for villa to do something 

21 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Not being funny but I wouldn't pay 45m for someone who has had half a good season in his career....

I had to look up Henrique he only moved to them last July.

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Tbf to him, he's right. Bournemouth and Leeds are splashing the cash and we're waiting for villa to do something 

The act of spending money is not the only proof of wealth.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Nico Williams is a huge exciting winger with bags of pace. Can understand him not wanting to leave though. That’s a real sign of ambition. 

I thought he's been crap for Forest this season.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

The Williamses have an interesting story. You could imagine them being quite close as a family unit and well-settled in the Basque country with really strong ties.

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

He's a baller! 

Looks like we're desperately bidding for players now 

Or like any well run club we identify a range of targets. Or leak false reports to media as a tactic to influence the speed of our actual business. Shocking I know. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Luiz Henrique would be an incredible signing. Please be true 🙏 He's been outstanding the last few months. Proper dribbler.

DB2D7A09-3A2E-4530-9DD5-B1464784BF29.jpeg.ba88f1cc5d3b34e49cf1c4e41614c58c.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

The Williamses have an interesting story. You could imagine them being quite close as a family unit and well-settled in the Basque country with really strong ties.

Also being Basque, you can understand how Unai would respect their decision to stay in the region. 

• Like 1