January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Just in terms of Nakamba. What is he on the brink of exactly? Has there been any reports of him joining another club or is it just the same statements that Emery is happy for him to leave?

+ He was no where to be seen on the bench

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So Danjumma to Everton and Jackson to Bournemouth. 

You've got to think we've got a winger lined up when it's a priority position and we seemed to have no interest in those two. 

Bournemouth splashed over 48 million on two wingers this January. 

Edited by messi11

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So Danjumma to Everton and Jackson to Bournemouth. 

You've got to think we've got a winger lined up when it's a priority position and we seemed to have no interest in those two. 

Either Emery doesn't rate them or he promised he wouldn't sign any Villarreal players. I lean the latter and feel he has an agreement in place that maybe he can only select a couple and I'd prefer Pau Torres from them. 

I think possible signings are

Striker
Winger
Midfielder
play-maker
central defender
Right back

It's possible that the striker signing might cover both the centre-forward and wing roles, or if we sign a striker allow us to use Bailey primarily as a winger, play-maker would be someone like Kang-in, although maybe not the pressing of needs, so perhaps can wait until summer, we might feel we're okay at central defence until summer as well, right-back only if Cash leaves, which doesn't look close, so might just be two or three players, but could be more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

Either Emery doesn't rate them or he promised he wouldn't sign any Villarreal players. I lean the latter and feel he has an agreement in place that maybe he can only select a couple and I'd prefer Pau Torres from them. 

I think it’s quite refreshing not raiding his former club, he built something great there and isn’t going to dismantle it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Striker
Winger
Midfielder
play-maker
central defender
Right back

It's possible that the striker signing might cover both the centre-forward and wing roles, or if we sign a striker allow us to use Bailey primarily as a winger, play-maker would be someone like Kang-in, although maybe not the pressing of needs, so perhaps can wait until summer, we might feel we're okay at central defence until summer as well, right-back only if Cash leaves, which doesn't look close, so might just be two or three players, but could be more.

Tomiyasu might be available given Arsenal have signed a new rb, but I don’t think it’s a priority for us in this window.

On 22/01/2023 at 11:18, allani said:

JWP would have the ultimate January surcharge on him.  Basically he is critical to Southampton's hopes to staying up this season.  Selling him would be tantamount to admitting that they have given up and have already started planning for Championship football.  His value drops significantly in the summer if Southampton go down and drops quite a lot even if they stay up as it will allow some rebuilding to try and avoid being caught up in the same situation next season.

If Southampton goes down, they won't have much trouble getting good money for JWP. Demand will be high.

2 hours ago, useless said:

It's possible that the striker signing might cover both the centre-forward and wing roles, 

Deulefou ticks that box. Played season worth at CF over 2 seasons with Watford as well as 2nd striker and attacking wide forward. I had him various times in FPL so team the rule over him and he definitely played all those roles.

That said I've cooled on him. He's had one decent season last season since 18/19

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 hours ago, useless said:

Striker
Winger
Midfielder
play-maker
central defender
Right back

So in short you think the possible positions we will sign are everything except a left back and goalkeeper

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Deulefou ticks that box. Played season worth of CF over 2 seasons with Watford as well as 2nd striker and attacking wide forward. I had him various times in FPL so team the rule over him and he definitely played all those roles

Unfortunately, he’s injured again. Just came back from a knee injury and aggravated it on his return…

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah just updated my post that I've cooled on him without mentioning injury record

A shame, would’ve been a good signing for us and probably played his best football at Udinese…