January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

If we get Guendouzi I think he’ll go….

Ramsey                        Guendouzi

Kamara       Luiz

With Guendouzi sitting deeper with Luiz and Ramsey drifting inside with Moreno outside. 

I would love us to bring in Kamada though and have him there instead, with Ramsey providing competition and starting depending on the opposition. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Not drawing a direct comparison, but look at what Grealish offered at 21 compared to his best years with us. Players mature at different times. JJ has a very high ceiling. People who disregard that are, for me, not paying attention. Find me many other young players who can play across the midfield, score goals and dribble like him. He’s a dream for the likes of Unai and will only get better with actual coaching, competition and better players around him. 

One of our most valuable players and he’s only going to get better. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Unai out. Can’t believe he’s moving on fringe players, loan or otherwise. 

It’s funny but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there are people out there actually saying and believing this 🙄

• Like 1

Be nice to have a couple of youngsters in the mix who can be given some game time, appreciate Kaden Young is there already. Most teams have at least one youngster getting some game time, we have erm.... Jacob Ramsey who though young is a senior pro now. Not sure who else is ready, then again no one ever is until they play and look the part, our loans are mostly awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm pleased that we are reducing the size of the squad. We have a decent number of players that don't contribute at all, resulting in the starting 11 more or less picking itself each week.

Emery has said that he wants to bring in players that are better than what we have. This will allow us to do that, which can only be a good thing.

We simply did not need 2 players for every position that gerrard wanted; Especially when we are trying to give a pathway to the youth players.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Be nice to have a couple of youngsters in the mix who can be given some game time, appreciate Kaden Young is there already. Most teams have at least one youngster getting some game time, we have erm.... Jacob Ramsey who though young is a senior pro now. Not sure who else is ready, then again no one ever is until they play and look the part, our loans are mostly awful.

Bring back Tim from loan. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Bring back Tim from loan. 

He's definitely one we could have back next season. If we got a decent bid for Dendoncker, we should let him go and bring back Iroegbunam. I actually think he'd be perfect in the system we play as he could play as any one of the 4 across the middle given he likes to drive at players. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's definitely one we could have back next season. If we got a decent bid for Dendoncker, we should let him go and bring back Iroegbunam. I actually think he'd be perfect in the system we play as he could play as any one of the 4 across the middle given he likes to drive at players. 

I think that’s probably already been decided, with Tim pushing Donk further down the pecking order next season.

Donk is an upgrade on Nakamba so overall squad quality is improved.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think that’s probably already been decided, with Tim pushing Donk further down the pecking order next season.

Donk is an upgrade on Nakamba so overall squad quality is improved.

I personally think Donk is a better CB than CM/DM. Donk can be CB cover for now.

48 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We simply did not need 2 players for every position that gerrard wanted; Especially when we are trying to give a pathway to the youth players.

Don't most top clubs have two good players in each position though? Whether that be via purchase or youth system 

It's all well staying we are " trying to give youth a pathway ", but said youth has to actually be good enough to deserve that second slot.

Especially if you want to challenge on all fronts. You can't have it both ways.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nigel said:

That wasn’t just a Gerrard thing, every manager would want 2 per position. We’ve loaned out most of our talented youth. 

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

I agree with this. I can see a midfield 3 of Rice, Bellingham and JJ for England very soon! England just need to get rid of Southgate and things could really happen! 

I can't 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Outgoings are more important than incomings though. We need to get to a position where we can attack the Summer market without worrying about offloading players and the effect those players have on potential signings. 

Personally, I'd like to see Digne's and Coutinho's wages off the books. I also think we might see the sale of one of Bailey or Buendia if a suitable offer comes in. 

Yes to the former two no to the latter two. I am fully on board with the sentiment though of getting rid of the deadwood ASAP