January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Our nearest rivals are more like Brentford and Brighton.

I would say our nearest rivals are more Spurs and Everton.  Similar size fan base, similar history / expectations, similar wealth.  We've got some catching up to do with Spurs (but it won't be long before Song and Kane leave and then they have a massive rebuilding job to do) but we've done a much better job than Everton.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

A good salesman can sell anything. Maybe Emery got sold a dream.

How many salesmen are worth £7,500,000,000? He was attracted by the size of the club and the fact the owners are worth more than some countries GDP. 

• Like 1

Just now, allani said:

I would say our nearest rivals are more Spurs and Everton.  Similar size fan base, similar history / expectations, similar wealth.  We've got some catching up to do with Spurs (but it won't be long before Song and Kane leave and then they have a massive rebuilding job to do) but we've done a much better job than Everton.

We should be ahead of Everton as they are a basket case club. We haven't finished ahead of Spurs since 2009.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

We should be ahead of Everton as they are a basket case club. We haven't finished ahead of Spurs since 2009.

Everton are most likely going to get relegated. They should have been relegated last season but for their fans who utterly carried them in the last 3 games. 

They proper got away with one. Won't be so easy this year, fat Franks luck is running out. 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Not in terms of money. Which is what the premier league is all about. They have a 20 year petro-chemical head start on us.

Not to mention are almost completely immune from any FFP punishment that is likely to be dished out.  Transfer bans - they have more £30 million + players than most European leagues.  A "big" fine would have almost the same impact as dropping some loose change down the back of the sofa.  European ban / relegation isn't going to apply because they have too much influence at the top table.  Threaten to relegate Chelsea and the rest of the Sly 6 will be making noises about a European breakaway.

Probably not a position we will look to replace in January but come the summer we will probably be looking at a new RB. 

And upgrade on Cash and Young isn't getting any younger (pun intended).  Is KKH ready, probably not.

I see Arsenal are about to sign some highly rated Spanish right back, and with Ben White preferred as first choice RB, Tomiyasu could find himself as 3rd choice. If he was available, he seems like the type of RB Emery prefers over the more attacking LB.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Probably not a position we will look to replace in January but come the summer we will probably be looking at a new RB. 

And upgrade on Cash and Young isn't getting any younger (pun intended).  Is KKH ready, probably not.

I see Arsenal are about to sign some highly rated Spanish right back, and with Ben White preferred as first choice RB, Tomiyasu could find himself as 3rd choice. If he was available, he seems like the type of RB Emery prefers over the more attacking LB.

Arsenal signed a highly rated polish CB today for 20 mil. 
We're been left in dust transfer wise. 

Thankfully we have Emery. Bet it reminds of his time at Valencia where they had no money. 

In terms of structure we are like spurs...Everton....old school.clubs.

But unfortunately its on the green stuff that matters and that puts us with Brightons...Brentford and palaces of the league.

History and size don't matter...you.only have to listen to how we are perceived by most fans and media....we still get referred as a team who has only recently been promoted.

12 minutes ago, messi11 said:

It seems only Villa care about FFP then. Our nearest rivals (Chelsea) have spent 500Million so far 

Unfortunately, Chelsea have a far bigger profile than us on a global scale and hence far more revenue.  Ask most American/Asian football followers about the premier league and they'll reel off the names of the two Mancs, The Dippers and the three Lahndan clubs.  The revenue from these two continents is massive.  FFP came in at just the right time for the rich to get richer and prevent anyone outside of that bubble from matching them. Sky and other media money caused this and gave these clubs global exposure and the subsequent revenue from merchandise sales, TV subscriptions etc etc.  Our owners, Leicester owners and a few others could easily match the spending but are not permitted.  Corruption in the name of "equity."  

Kind of like the US government.... 😆

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Are there more links about Osorio? Those kind of players which will help us improve if they’ve been a success. But we shall integrate them to the first team quickly. We can’t just buy talents and not using them. 

Would be slowly integrated into the first team hes 18/19 so of course we would not expect him to start until next season maybe or even maybe not if hes that good.

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I've had so many warnings for post on poster but I'm telling you now, this level of trolling should carry a warning on here. 

This isn't banter, it's just bulls**t. 

I agree to disagree 🤝

I don't think there is any actual link to Osorio. Apparently it was on his Transfermarkt page that Villa were linked to him in The Athletic but as far as I'm aware nobody has actually seen where it was posted on there.

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Good shout this. 

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

Don't mean to be negative and spoilt my positivity streak but gotta keep it real. Where's our money gone? Are we broke?

We've spent £15 million net in the last 4 transfer windows which is piss poor. We deserve better.

We sold Grealish for 100m.That might have a small part to play in net spend!