January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

If we sign Guendouzi our midfield is set for the next 4 years. Feels like the final piece  to the midfield puzzle.

Ramsey, luiz, kamara and Guendouzi with Tim to come back next season also.

52977559-10406929-image-a-50_16422942663

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Can’t wait for the melt down . 33 year old.

33 is the new 23. This guy will be playing Tier 1 football until he's 43.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Jhon Dhuran 😳 where did that come from. Do we know anything about him

Looks an exciting prospect from the bits I've seen, slightly confused as to how he's going to get a work permit though, he's only made a few international appearances and I can't imagine he'd come in and be one of our top earners straight away, so I'll be interested to see how we get around that...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

If Jarrod Bowen was available then I think he is the kind of player we need. He can play as a wide or centre forward, has reasonable pace and is proven at this level. 12 goals and 10 assists in 34 starts last season is a decent return. 

West Ham fans want him out of the team and say he has been shit all season

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

But seriously, I kind of like the idea of signing a kid from Colombia/MLS. That's exactly the type of signing Brighton do all the time. We can only hope our scouting is as good as theirs.

it was mentioned on the villa view that we have not directly signed any players from South America (and North America as well IIRC) since JPA. definitely a market we should be looking at supplementing our squad with. 

26 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Signing players from MLS just sounds bizarre to me 

Almiron and Alfonso Davies are two of the biggest success stories coming from that league. You’ve also got big exciting South American talent there, from the likes of Thiago Almada and Alan Velasco to US international players like Jesus Ferreira. There’s a lot of potential to find rough diamonds and hidden gems. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, RicRic said:

19 years old though.

He won't be starting every game. May even go out on loan immediately.

Raw, and we're gambling we can improve him.

4 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

i wouldnt trust anything thats written in a football fan forum if i was you mate.

Was some West Ham websites but he has 2 in 20 this season and they are in the relegation zone so probably have a point

39 minutes ago, RicRic said:

well there's just not enough strikers around at the minute and almost every PL team outside of Man City & Spurs are after a striker. Manchester United just signed ******* Wout Weghorst on loan. Leeds splashed a club record 36m on Georginio Rutter, a French striker who has 10 goals over roughly 1.75 Bundesliga seasons. Everton needs a new striker after Maupay signed. 

It's very crazy, there is just a real dearth of top league strikers available for teams. Durán is a shot in the dark with huge potential