January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Dembele would be a really good signing, especially with his contract expiring this summer. If we could end up with him and £10-15m for the sale of Ings, that would represent a really good window in that department. 

I hope Deulofeu is still in the mix. With Moreno in place, I think he solves the next most pressing problem more than Guendouzi. We know how to get the ball forward. We don't have enough skills in the penalty area, no one who can thread through a tight defense and get ball in net, not skyed or right at the keeper.  

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Any reason shitty Leedz are paying 35m for a player and we are shopping bargain basement yet again.

Because they are shit scared of being relegated and we are holding back to do our main business in the summer ? Or do you just wanna moan for your own agendas sake ?

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Because they are shit scared of being relegated and we are holding back to do our main business in the summer ? Or do you just wanna moan for your own agendas sake ?

No agenda, im still pissed of wlith being knocked out by a pub team, so just wanna moan, if that's okay with you. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Any reason shitty Leedz are paying 35m for a player and we are shopping bargain basement yet again.

a striker who has scored 11 goals in 62 games or something, for 35m.

Im pretty sure a lot of ppl on here would go nuts if we bought a striker with that record, for that price.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Clearly we can't, because we don't have one.

Managers just sign whoever they want.

Luckily, Emery is a top manager, so it may work this time.

So you think there should be one way that Aston Villa play and all managers should play this way?

Bit bonkers if you ask me.

What we all thinking, lazy journalism or Emery being promised he can bring in certain players he’s already worked with (Danjuma, Guendouzi, etc)

I think the latter. 

We have a scouting team (or do we?!?), why not bloody use it.

No disrespect to Moreno but could we not have found a 20 something LB/LWB as an alternative that could fit ‘the system’? I’m a random villa fan from Shropshire and I could give you 4 names that would have potentially been better value buys.

I’ll trust the process for now but it does seem like our recruitment team are a bit pants at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Just now, burchy said:

What we all thinking, lazy journalism or Emery being promised he can bring in certain players he’s already worked with (Danjuma, Guendouzi, etc)

I think the latter. 

We have a scouting team (or do we?!?), why not bloody use it.

No disrespect to Moreno but could we not have found a 20 something LB/LWB as an alternative that could fit ‘the system’? I’m a random villa fan from Shropshire and I could give you 4 names that would have potentially been better value buys.

I’ll trust the process for now but it does seem like our recruitment team are a bit pants at the moment.

‘At the moment’?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Am I the only one who cannot get hyped about Deulofeu… Yes he’s in a fantastic purple patch no denying just a bit meh for me… 

No, I wouldn't say I'm hyped, but I think he'd be a decent finisher. The market is terrible right now if you're Villa, so we need to be careful. I think we're going to be wisest to hang on with our current main goal-missers until the summer. At the right price, I think Deulofeu is a fit, but price would matter. Hopefully, we can finish no lower than 15th and prepare the ground for 2023-24. 

I would get hyped about people Villa never seems willing to chase, despite all we hear about big ambitions: Osimhen (who would never come regardless), Lautaro Martínez, Patrik Schick,  but who wouldn't be excited about them? 

• Like 1