January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Moreno might be good and I hope he really improves us but it only confirms what I’ve said numerous times. The club just bounces around from player to player based on the manager. There’s no way Moreno would be coming here if not for Emery. Now, at least Emery is a good manager so I trust him more than most, but it’s a very slapdash approach and just means when Emery goes (which is a statistical probability), we’ll then need to overhaul the squad and sign whoever the next manager wants.

I don’t see much from our scouting department unless it concerns youth players. Like I say, Moreno could be very good, but the way we’re run does concern me. 

I agree. The silver lining in this case obviously is that if you're going to trust anyone with such influence it is Emery as he's more of a proven commodity than anyone else at the club, but I feel like the Villa are lying to themselves by talking this big game in terms of data, scouting, youth etc when in reality we just seem beholden to the specific requests of whoever the manager is.

Not to say that I don't like the Moreno signing or anything like that.

Fullkrug has had a great couple of seasons, scored an absolute thunderbastard at the World Cup as well that people may remember.

Think I'll always be wary of the idea of signing attacking players from the Bundesliga though. It's a league where defending is optional and most choose not to do so. Most highlight videos of players from there are filled with defenders falling on their arses or them bizarrely being through 1-on-1 in like the 20th minute with none of them keeper's teammates within about 50 yards of them.

31 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Would anyone be interested in Füllkrug? He’s 29 so perfect age for us, and not too expensive going by that tweet. He left pled decent for Germany in WC.

Yes. Currently joint number 2 in the scoring charts in the Bundesliga. His all round stats look good too. Heavily involved in play. Good in the air. Been good for at least 2 seasons now, albeit last season was in a lower division. Might not be the best defensively is the only concern aside from his age.

Honestly, I remember you disagreeing with me on this but this is exactly the kind of player that I said we should take advantage off. These late bloomers that never got their big break for whatever reason. Fullkrug has spent a decent amount of his career in the lower divisions and never played for a big club. Only now he's been able to show his quality but because of his age, normally most people wouldn't care. Had he not had that world cup showcase, most people who don't watch the bundesliga wouldn't know he is. We can get these players for relative cheap

Edited by Laughable Chimp

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yes. Currently joint number 2 in the scoring charts in the Bundesliga. His all round stats look good too. Heavily involved in play. Good in the air. Been good for at least 2 seasons now, albeit last season was in a lower division. Might not be the best defensively is the only concern aside from his age.

Honestly, I remember you disagreeing with me on this but this is exactly the kind of player that I said we should take advantage off. These late bloomers that never got their big break for whatever reason. Fullkrug has spent a decent amount of his career in the lower divisions and never played for a big club. Only now he's been able to show his quality but because of his age, normally most people wouldn't care. Had he not had that world cup showcase, most people who don't watch the bundesliga wouldn't know he is. We can get these players for relative cheap

I think he would fall under the category of what Emery said about the forwards "players that have a different characteristic than what we currently have", or something along those lines.  We are really lacking in an aerial threat from our forwards.  He would offer us an alternative to Watkins or Ings at a reasonable price point.

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

if you believe the paper talk Everton sound quite desperate to get him , but we want £25m 

if we are offered that I think we'd take it  , personally I'd rather we kept the player and helped relegate Everton 

Everton want him due to being a clinical goal scorer and will base the side on getting the best out of him whereas I don’t think Villa have quite done that.

For me Ings is the best striker Villa have and would be foolish to sell him in January but every player has his price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

To be honest i think every side as same problem with dross.  I actually don’t think we are bad in comparison.  Imagine being Everton for example 

Being a supporter of both Everton and Villa I think there are players in both squads that the manager’s would like to move on. It’s the same for even some of the top six so I believe it’s a little unfair to just mention Everton.

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Being a supporter of both Everton and Villa I think there are players in both squads that the manager’s would like to move on. It’s the same for even some of the top six so I believe it’s a little unfair to just mention Everton.

Everton are definitely the most extreme example of gross squad mismanagement over an extended period of 6 or 7 years. I don't think its unfair to single them out at all. 

The amount of money they have pissed up the wall has been utterly, utterly eyewatering. The quality of their squad considering the money they have spent is proportionally terrible. 

I realise you're a fan, sorry I'm not having a personal go. But they are in the bin at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, striker said:

Didn't you used to support Forest? 

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

if you believe the paper talk Everton sound quite desperate to get him , but we want £25m 

if we are offered that I think we'd take it  , personally I'd rather we kept the player and helped relegate Everton 

I like Everton and think that getting rid of lampard is the thing that will save them from relegation, rather then a new striker. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RicRic said:

Is he more effective than ramsey and even mcginn no, but if you want to start sanson every game moving forward then by all means dream and it shall be given 🙂. Believe me when i say when a player gets a goal it can mask their overall performance fans act with too much emotion theres a thin line between played well and played rubbish you should know that! … on twitter someone posted sanson played very well , i can tell you the comments below if not all suggest what i am trying to explain to you.

Yes he played better than most of the team but it was not that good of a performance to be raving about so everyone needs to calm down about it, id love for sanson to turn into messi for us or even a silva but only a fool would keep hoping that based on two years at this club. 

This paragraph reads like Liam Neeson got his daughter stolen.

• Haha 1