January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

The problem is, we have the perfect forward if you combine the strengths of both forwards.  Pace, energy and finishing if you combine them.  Sadly, they don't seem able to play in the same team.  We need to find that player who, as Emery stated, has the characteristics of a combined Ings/Watkins.   Likely to cost a few quid mind. 

54 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

We could also use a few players willing to do something when they don't have the ball. Or we could by more Baileys and Coutinhos and wonder why we can't crack a low block as they stand there refusing to move until they receive a pass.

Yea some movement off the ball to make yourself available would be nice!

• Like 1

We need a left back, a top quality modern style forward or a good winger and good pacey striker who can finish, and probably would benefit from a midfielder that can be versatile across the middle in the squad.

One of the strikers we bring in ideally should be someone who can attack a cross too. 

We seem to have stopped crossing the ball because there's no belief from our full backs that anyone in the middle will ever win a ball from one.

I'd keep Watkins, I think he's capable of influencing games, I'd let Ings go, keep Bailey as a wide option then look for an all round goal scorer or two.

I think we should be looking at keeping Watkins and adding two more.

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Over reaction?

We just got humilated by a league two side. League two thats worse than newcastle result. That's the biggest humiliation of the fa cup weekend.

No over reaction here mate. Its sucks

His point is that we will pick almost an entirely different team against Leeds.  Extrapolating what happened today and expecting it to happen on Friday makes no sense.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

One of the strikers we bring in ideally should be someone who can attack a cross too. 

We seem to have stopped crossing the ball because there's no belief from our full backs that anyone in the middle will ever win a ball from one.

I'd keep Watkins, I think he's capable of influencing games, I'd let Ings go, keep Bailey as a wide option then look for an all round goal scorer or two.

I think we should be looking at keeping Watkins and adding two more.

Said before En-Nesyri fits into that profile, look at how he scored v Portugal in the world cup and he has had decent scoring seasons in La Liga and still mid 20s.

He's worth a go as we're not really good at finding breakthrough players in early 20s compared to many other clubs. At least with Kamara we've shown we can pick up a developing player in 23-25 age bracket so that's probably the best bet for upfront unless we just replace Ings with another experienced striker.

Time to rebuild and focus on the future.

Bring back Tim Iroegbunam and make him 3rd choice CM. Give him gametime. 

Try and find our very one Kane & Son, Martinelli & Saka, Salah & Mane. Only way to do this it to take a chance on promising wonderkids like Lee and Moleiro. Sign them up.

Striker- take a chance on Amine Gouiri, Balogun, Terem Moffi. We need a goalscorer. They won't be cheap. 

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

His point is that we will pick almost an entirely different team against Leeds.  Extrapolating what happened today and expecting it to happen on Friday makes no sense.

You guys seem to be missing the fact that we had JJ luiz watkins bailey young playing when we lost this. It wasnt kids.

Yes we will have mings martinez and co back but leeds are not stevange. We just be scoring and creating countless opportunities we struggled bad.

1st half vs wolves really poor, struggling ti take our chances vs liverpool. Its a ongoing trend we simply are struggling to score goals. It doesnt make sense

If Forest go down , then i would be in for Brennan Johnson.

I haven't seen many achievable Villa targets than Toney

Then a good wide left sided attacker, and a good midfielder.

Today showed that when you play Villa, sit on the edge of the penalty area. Let them cross the ball, because they don't have anyone who is good in the air, they don't have anyone who can shoot from outside the box, they don't have anyone who breaks the line.We probably have Kamara for 2 or 3 years, so imho we need to develop Ramsey to reach his full potential. The issues for me are up front. I think Martinez, Cash, Digne, Mings, Costa, Digne, Ramsey and Kamara are the only 1st teamers i would perservre with, the rest need replacing.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

You guys seem to be missing the fact that we had JJ luiz watkins bailey young playing when we lost this. It wasnt kids.

Yes we will have mings martinez and co back but leeds are not stevange. We just be scoring and creating countless opportunities we struggled bad.

1st half vs wolves really poor, struggling ti take our chances vs liverpool. Its a ongoing trend we simply are struggling to score goals. It doesnt make sense

Exactly, not even half the team with 3 of them coming off the bench

29 minutes ago, Chindie said:

A Mitrovic style aerial beast big bastard would be interesting to see in our side.

A couple of bullies would help. We're too soft. Oh for a Roy Keane or Viera in there to give the other players a bollocking. I think only Ashley Young is that type mentally.