January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Thought Moreno was played in an advanced position so would more naturally be on the left of midfield?

Deulofeu plays on the other side of midfield.

Neither are young but both do what emery wants his wider players to do and shouldn't cost more than 25 million for the pair who most likely will go straight into the 1st team squad on match days.

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

You forgot Ramsay.

Yeah he was in mind but he has to hit a new height to be considered a breakout among the likes of grealish,saka, foden, mount. Not there yet but could be 

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Caicedo has also played in the World Cup and 20 or so Premier League games

They also had an 18 year old score in his last 2 games for them

He also happens to have 4 years on Feeney and plays for Ecuador. 

Aaron Connolly burst onto the scene as a young striker for Brighton a few years back too, what’s he up to?

6 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

He also happens to have 4 years on Feeney and plays for Ecuador. 

Aaron Connolly burst onto the scene as a young striker for Brighton a few years back too, what’s he up to?

Well you compared Feeney to Caicedo 😉 Ecuador qualifying for the World Cup is a lot more difficult than most of the qualifiers

We sent Barry and now Archer out on loan while Brighton play them a team above us both are older than Ferguson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Well you compared Feeney to Caicedo 😉 Ecuador qualifying for the World Cup is a lot more difficult than most of the qualifiers

We sent Barry and now Archer out on loan while Brighton play them a team above us both are older than Ferguson

Haha I just picked any exotic sounding name tbf, it wasn’t meant as a direct comparison.

Yeah true, I think club expectation feeds into it a little and I’m still not sure around the benefits of loaning vs. Retaining also.

Let’s agree to somewhat disagree as I think we are getting off topic

2 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Haha I just picked any exotic sounding name tbf, it wasn’t meant as a direct comparison.

Yeah true, I think club expectation feeds into it a little and I’m still not sure around the benefits of loaning vs. Retaining also.

Let’s agree to somewhat disagree as I think we are getting off topic

No 😛 

I am happy to loan players put but I think it's good to keep 1 or 2 around the squad that can play if needed. I think we really just had Archer in the 1st half of the season

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No 😛 

I am happy to loan players put but I think it's good to keep 1 or 2 around the squad that can play if needed. I think we really just had Archer in the 1st half of the season

Yeah don’t get me wrong, I think we’ve made a mistake with him this season. I would’ve loved to see him feature more tbh

• Like 1

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

Watched some clips of him, kind of reminds me of Buendia.

Before I read this, I watched Buendia highlights because I thought exactly the same thing!

And I have to say, the Buendia highlights from his Norwich days are far more impressive.

Not to say I’d be against this signing at all though, sign him up!

I trust Emery but other side of me is unsure about signing a 29 year old who only in the past two years has shown himself as a player, the former 8/9 years in his career were literally bottom of the table standard so im weary but for £12m ill turn a blind eye. We need to move Lucas Digne on for 15-20m to break even more or less

We're mentioned as a potential club trying to sign Denzel Dumfries. Seems very ambitious but he does fit the role on our right.

Not holding any hope we'd be able to get this one done.

Edited by sne

21 minutes ago, sne said:

We're mentioned as a potential club trying to sign Denzel Dumfries. Seems very ambitious but he does fir the role on our right.

Not holding any hope we'd be able to get this one done.

I hope he is feline up to it... 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, let’s keep him. Let’s keep all of our players and see if we break into Europe. 

We aren't breaking into Europe this year. It's just not realistic. The kind of striker you want for that isn't typically available in January, and when they are, you have to overpay to get them. Much better off going for the kind of forward that can take the team to the next level in the summer. January should be for solidifying some obvious weaknesses and giving Emery time to figure out who he can work with, and who must be replaced in the summer.

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

So, going by Percy's article.  Emery wants 3 players in January:

• LB - Alex Moreno
  • RW/LW - Sarr? Deoulofeu?
  • ST - ??

The fact these journos have all tweeted at practically the same time, means something must be imminent. 

It just means he said so during his press conference.