January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

I think we'll try but whether we do I don't know. I think our most likely acquisition would be a wide forward player.  Elsewhere, whilst we do need to improve generally, there isn't an urgent need. We have Diego Carlos our £30m centre half to come back by Feb, now obviously he'll take time to get up to flow, but he isn't being replaced. In the middle of the park, Doug, Boubs and Jacob with Mcginn and Coutinho and Dendoncker as useful alternatives for now.  Bailey is our weakest regular I guess and that's where we would strengthen. 

Sanson will surely leave, maybe Nakamba too. Had completely forgotten about Marvellous. 

• Like 1

Aston Villa are reportedly ready to rival the likes of Chelsea and Tottenham for Denzel Dumfries, with the Inter Milan defender set to sign for a Premier League club this month.

According to InterLive, Unai Emery is ready to enter the race to sign the Netherlands international, though the Nerazzurri’s asking price of €60m (£53m) could be a sticking point for Villa, especially with clubs such as Graham Potter’s Chelsea and Tottenham also interested in signing Dumfries.

Lauded by Ally McCoist as ‘amazing’, Dumfries is regarded by many as one of the most explosive fullbacks in all of Europe and a fullback who acts more of a winger than a defender. However, for a club like Villa under a manager like Emery, this could be a perfect marriage for the 26-year-old.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/01/05/aston-villa-transfer-news-emery-to-rival-chelsea-spurs-for-53m-star/

Juventus want £15-16 million for Weston McKennie. What a bargain. 

Should offer £20 million + Sanson. Failing that just give them the £16 million

Edited by messi11

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

As an American, I've seen quite a bit of him...  He is McGinn 2.0...  All action, jack of all trades, master of none.  That said, 15 million is a bargain.  Just the exposure/shirt sales alone he'll bring in the USA will be worth it.  If Emery is looking for another McGinn to rotate in and out of the team for him, this would be good business.  

Considering McGinn is the first player most on here think isn't good enough for the squad, most of VT will hate McKennie after a few months.  

Same thoughts and McGinn has a much better range of passing but McKennie better aerially. 

I can see how Unai might use him though. He wasn’t afraid to start what was essentially 4 center mids at Villareal. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I read that somewhere as well  but that he would like to join a Bundesliga team if not a champs league one 

https://www.calciomercato.com/news/juve-c-e-mckennie-in-vetrina-esterno-a-cremona-aspettando-l-offe-37863

I read that too from the Italian rags...  Sounds like a bunch of made up BS...  Basically said he's stalling on the Bournemouth offer because he's waiting for a more ambitious club than them.  Said he turned Villa and West Ham down in the past, but "It would be different if Dortmund or perhaps Chelsea or Spurs decided to make a concrete offer"

• Like 1