January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

15 hours ago, May-Z said:

The more we discuss what type of player we need, the more Sanson fits the description. 

He's the type of central midfielder that is more athletic to paly a wider role and better with the ball than someone like McGinn.

If he can fill a spot and give us extra cash to boost another area that would be nice.

I can only assume Morgan will move somewhere in January. Is he injured at the minute?

(Can. Worms. Apologies)

How many managers at Villa haven’t played him? Far too lightweight for the Premiership and is made of glass concerning injuries. I’m in no doubt both Luiz and McGinn will also be replaced under Emery.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Runours spurs have made a bid of 16m for kessie

Thats a massive bargain if so

Spurs just sign all the midfielders.

it's ridiculous the amount of players they have in that position.

What happened to Bissouma and Matar Sarr for example?

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Spurs just sign all the midfielders.

it's ridiculous the amount of players they have in that position.

What happened to Bissouma and Matar Sarr for example?

I actually think we did bettee than them with the kamara signing he looks a better cm.

But i agree with your point. They dont even need a cm their defence is pretty poor

18 minutes ago, striker said:

How many managers at Villa haven’t played him? Far too lightweight for the Premiership and is made of glass concerning injuries. I’m in no doubt both Luiz and McGinn will also be replaced under Emery.

There's definitely something strange happening.

I think he had injuries under Smith and then the less said about Gerrard the better. Sanson missing out Christmas pre-season just sums up his time at Villa really. 

I think we'd benefit from someone a bit more powerful in the way that Ramsey or Dendonker is, but Sanson may not be the worst option in one of these wider CM positions. 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm guessing as an Everton fan you've not paid much attention to Luiz over the last six to twelve months - he's been our best player this season and is doing a fantastic job for the club.

I could understand if you're suggesting that we might struggle if a giant like Real or Barca or similar came in with a massive offer, but you seem to be suggesting that we will be looking to get rid of him as a weak link - right now, to get a player better than Luiz would cost us an amount of money that's probably outside of the ranges we're looking at - if we were selling him, I'd want £60-80m.

His partnership with Kamara is the strongest part of the team right now and that pairing is good enough to take us a long way, it matches up against the best in the league - they got the best of the middle of the park against Liverpool's three and I'd give them a fighting chance against any pair in this division. I wouldn't swap Luiz with Tielemans or Thiago - to actually improve on him you'd need to be looking at a player that quite simply, we couldn't get.

Have another look and get some doubt, you've missed something.

Worth bearing in mind that talent ID isn't a strong one for this poster.

"Championship at best" is the review for Jacob Ramsey.

Perhaps understandable, though foolish, if it was a prediction made in 2018. Sadly it was made two months ago.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm guessing as an Everton fan you've not paid much attention to Luiz over the last six to twelve months - he's been our best player this season and is doing a fantastic job for the club.

I could understand if you're suggesting that we might struggle if a giant like Real or Barca or similar came in with a massive offer, but you seem to be suggesting that we will be looking to get rid of him as a weak link - right now, to get a player better than Luiz would cost us an amount of money that's probably outside of the ranges we're looking at - if we were selling him, I'd want £60-80m.

His partnership with Kamara is the strongest part of the team right now and that pairing is good enough to take us a long way, it matches up against the best in the league - they got the best of the middle of the park against Liverpool's three and I'd give them a fighting chance against any pair in this division. I wouldn't swap Luiz with Tielemans or Thiago - to actually improve on him you'd need to be looking at a player that quite simply, we couldn't get.

Have another look and get some doubt, you've missed something.

Luiz is a tidy player with youth still on his side, but nobody is going to pay over 50m for him, certainly not 80m.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, messi11 said:

You are all calling for us to sign a striker.

How about Amine Gouiri? 22 Years of age. 5ft 11. Potential. Would be expensive.

Potential and expensive, don't go together too well for me......unless extensive due dilligence has been employed, by top scouts.

Potential is a maybe, Expensive is a certainty.

1 hour ago, striker said:

I’m in no doubt both Luiz and McGinn will also be replaced under Emery.

As you are a fan of another team I guess you aren’t watching Villa as closely as Everton but Luiz is one of our better players and forming a good combo with Kamara.  He seems the type of player that Emery will like and keep.

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I want some juicy links, and I don't mean breakfast sausages!

Just seen another thing about Nassef etc getting in contact about Thuram.

Not sure if it's just a rehash or Bollox though.

" Reports in Germany are stating that Aston Villa owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens have been in contact with German club Borussia Monchengladbach for forward Marcus Thuram. The billionaire owners are hopeful of getting him in the transfer window 🤞 "

From Horace on Facebook but he's more of a " Villareport " type with those things.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

John Duran Duran, he’s bigger than Gavin McCann, he’s going to score one if he can, John Duran Duran

is he "Notorious" or just a "Wild Boy"

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Potential and expensive, don't go together too well for me......unless extensive due dilligence has been employed, by top scouts.

Another one we should of been in for the last few seasons and got him signed up. yet we was wasting time on thing to signing Phillips, Ward Prowse, Bisomma, Coutinho, Suarez,  Digne, Smith Rowe, *insert 29 year old footballer in here*

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Another one we should of been in for the last few seasons and got him signed up. yet we was wasting time on thing to signing Phillips, Ward Prowse, Bisomma, Coutinho, Suarez,  Digne, Smith Rowe, *insert 29 year old footballer in here*