January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

39 minutes ago, sne said:

Linked to Terem Moffi, can't say I know anything about him. Has 10 in 14 for Lorient this season.

He's only 6ft 2 thou so no were near tall enough.

That is incredible record this season but without knowing much about the player it’s hard to work out if he’s genuinely top quality or just in a crazy run or form. 8 goals in 34 starts last season but 14 the season before  in his breakout season, still only 23 years old 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If i was the one buying if rather spend 40m on pau torres than 80m on felix

We need torres more than felix 

Do we really though at this moment. Carlos is just getting back fit and building a complete new partnership is a disaster waiting to happen

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sne said:

Linked to Terem Moffi, can't say I know anything about him. Has 10 in 14 for Lorient this season.

He's only 6ft 2 thou so no were near tall enough.

2nd fastest player in France behind Mbop

Seems to be getting better year on year. 

• Like 1

Having a look at some of the passing stats of some CBs recently I was surprised by Schlotterbeck’s stats, he’s up there with Gvardiol. Better defensively as well.

I know he only moved to Dortmund recently so probably a no go but someone with similar stats would be huge for us.

https://fbref.com/en/players/34e12499/scout/365_m1/Nico-Schlotterbeck-Scouting-Report

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Do we really though at this moment. Carlos is just getting back fit and building a complete new partnership is a disaster waiting to happen

Pau torres is a absolute  quality cb. Having him and carlos as cb takes us next level i predict di yeah im happy to take the risk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Pau torres is a absolute  quality cb. Having him and carlos as cb takes us next level i predict di yeah im happy to take the risk

Torres couldnt get a game for Spain in the World Cup behind a centre midfielder. He is good but if he was quality he wouldnt have been benchwarming

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Torres couldnt get a game for Spain in the World Cup behind a centre midfielder. He is good but if he was quality he wouldnt have been benchwarming

Yes but spain have done fantastic cbs its no schmucks playing cbs there.  He will ve 1st choice at next wotld cup i predict.  Thats why its better to get now. If he was 1st choice now we would have no chance of signing him 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yes but spain have done fantastic cbs its no schmucks playing cbs there.  He will ve 1st choice at next wotld cup i predict.  Thats why its better to get now. If he was 1st choice now we would have no chance of signing him 

they played a midfielder at centre back ahead of him

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because Enrique decided to do something different. He has played a lot for them at CB leading up to this WC.

I remember how Peter Withe changed us from a decent mid table team, to a serious top half contender.

A player of similar ilk, will do it again.

I am not interested in the "old football" argument.....we have seen in this World cup how such players have flourished and won games.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

I remember how Peter Withe changed us from a decent mid table team, to a serious top half contender.

I am not interested in the "old football" argument.....we have seen in this World cup how such players have flourished and won games.

But we can’t get caught up in who is doing what for whom in this World Cup. We’ve seen that recently with Damsgaard who is doing nothing at Brentford so far.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, TRO said:

En-Nesyri fits the bill imo. Reasonably solid record in La Liga but bench warming currently. Had a good tournanent for Morocco holding it up and scoring the winner v Portugal. Apparently leapt up to 9ft to score that header!

Could sign him for about 25m I reckon, mid 20s still despite being around a while.

Edited by VillaChris

Another thing that I want to keep in mind is -- we need/should get a few out the door in the summer. I keep coming back to McGinn, Sanson & Nakamba. The setup we have means that we don't need to have 7 senior midfielders for 2 spots & it feels like those 3 are going to be the ones who might find themselves with less gametime. Think we should let one or two of them go

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Another thing that I want to keep in mind is -- we need/should get a few out the door in the summer. I keep coming back to McGinn, Sanson & Nakamba. The setup we have means that we don't need to have 7 senior midfielders for 2 spots & it feels like those 3 are going to be the ones who might find themselves with less gametime. Think we should let one or two of them go

I think McGinn should be bench warming now but despite people keep saying he could be sold, he continues to start games.  He’s not coming on as sub but is starting most of the games under Emery so far just like previous managers so I’m not sure he’s going anywhere in the near future.  It’s too early to say Emery will continue starting him but he’s started most competitive and friendly games under Emery, small sample I know.

Edited by nick76