Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

To be fair, I don't think many on here thought in their wildest dreams that we would win 5 on the bounce after the West Ham game. 

Absolutely, and people coming out with the "I told you so" nonsense at this stage (or at any stage really) is just pathetic. Still a long way to go yet.

• Like 3

Bought tickets for the Fulham game last night and just bought three for the Spurs game. 

I could get used to being excited about football games again!

(I may also need to embark on a life of crime - £54 quid for adult in the Holte!)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Bought tickets for the Fulham game last night and just bought three for the Spurs game. 

(I may also need to embark on a life of crime - £54 quid for adult in the Holte!)

£54 to see the European giants of Football play? Priceless 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Me too and bringing the whole family including my 3 year old (get them started early, my two older boys have been a few times), this season is the first time (aside from covid) in ten plus years I hadnt been (not getting membership has limited opportunities a bit) gonna be gone 1am by the time I get home on a school night but will be worth it

Maintaining current manager ppg this season, final table will be:

3 Man Utd 75

4 Newcastle 71

5 Villa 65

6 Brighton 63

7 Spurs 62

8 Liverpool 58

Looks great, but I think we've got the biggest ask to maintain our level, especially given fixtures. Liverpool should really pick up with their games. And Spurs 4 points from 3 games under Stellini probably a bit low as expectation for remainder of season. Shows how much we need Man Utd and Newcastle to drop off as well.

• Like 1

I think I’m going to be quite annoyed if Tottenham qualify for a champs league place this season. Who the hell sacks their manager whilst in such a position and plays like they have for ages now, and still gets the privilege of playing on the big stage? Every time I have seen them this season, they have looked bloody awful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomsky_11 said:

Maintaining current manager ppg this season, final table will be:

3 Man Utd 75

4 Newcastle 71

5 Villa 65

6 Brighton 63

7 Spurs 62

8 Liverpool 58

Looks great, but I think we've got the biggest ask to maintain our level, especially given fixtures. Liverpool should really pick up with their games. And Spurs 4 points from 3 games under Stellini probably a bit low as expectation for remainder of season. Shows how much we need Man Utd and Newcastle to drop off as well.

A bit flawed the ppg since we all play each other. 

The picture is so muddied because we have 6 pointers (besides Wolves) until the end. 

But if 70 is UCL and 60 is either Europa or Conference then we need pretty much 5/6 wins out of 7 and or 4 wins out of 7

As much belief as I have, I think 6th would be admirable given the start of the season. 

As good as it would be great being back in Europe next season alittle bit of me doesn't want to finish in the European places as with our currant form & Signing under Emery in the summer I think we could have a right crack at the top four & the cups, but saying that anything is possible under Emery & to go full tilt at the top 4 both cups & go deep into a European competition would surprise me 😍

14 minutes ago, Frodo said:

As good as it would be great being back in Europe next season alittle bit of me doesn't want to finish in the European places as with our currant form & Signing under Emery in the summer I think we could have a right crack at the top four & the cups, but saying that anything is possible under Emery & to go full tilt at the top 4 both cups & go deep into a European competition would surprise me 😍

Oh no, not this again (not having a go at you by the way). 

Why do Villa supporters not want Villa to get into Europe. We haven’t qualified for 13 years, almost a generation.

• Like 1

Don't feel dirty wanting Leeds to win at all. I'd want Small Heath to win if it helped villa.  It helps that I dislike Liverpool about equally to Leeds anyway. 

Villa all that matters.

Liverpool losing their ability to overtake us on their own terms is huge for us. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2