Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

I have a terrible feeling the results will conspire to put us and Brighton in 7th and 8th, below Liverpool and Spurs, which would just be sad for football, really.

5 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Ahh Saturday is so frustrating now! We just needed to take care of business. Need to win all 3 for me to get Europe. Still in it…

Nah win two and we are there…beat Spurs and Brighton.  
Brighton will lose to Arsenal, Newcastle and City…win their other game…so only three points.

Villa in Europe! 🥳🥳🥳

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I just don't think we can overtake Brighton, even now.

Of course not and it's even more  bloody infuriating that we lost at Wolves. 

We needed to win every game and hope the teams around us dropped points. Looks like the 2nd part of that is happening. Shame we didn't do our bit.

Could still catch Spurs though, but would need everything to go our way.

Edited by GlobalVillan

I can barely bring myself to be excited for this cause Saturday really did kill every last bit of hope I had. 

Fair **** to anyone who does believe again though, I'm not gonna put myself through that 😭

Edited by Farlz

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

They have Newcastle, Arsenal and Man City before us. If we can be within 2 points of Brighton for the final game that would be absolutely huge!! This might give us the impetus to really **** go for it on Saturday! Nothing to lose whereas Spurs definitely have something to lose. 

Brighton hopefully knackered by the time they play us. Straw clutching 😂

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Liverpool will beat us

We don’t need to beat them, just beat Spurs and Brighton will be enough as I said above.  Our problem will be doing that.

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Of course not and it's even more  bloody infuriating that we lost at Wolves. 

We needed to win every game and hope the teams around us dropped points. Looks like the 2nd part of that is happening. Shame we didn't do our bit.

Could still catch Spurs though, but would need everything to go our way.

Nah win two and we are there…beat Spurs and Brighton.  
Brighton will lose to Arsenal, Newcastle and City…win their other game…so only three points.

We just probably won’t do our part! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I can barely bring myself to be excited for this cause Saturday really did kill every last bit of hope I had. 

Fair **** to anyone who does believe again though, I'm not gonna put myself through that again 😭

So you're telling me there's a chance...

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nah win two and we are there…beat Spurs and Brighton.  

We just probably won’t do our part! 

The odds of us beating Spurs AND Brighton losing 5 of their last 6 games would be astronomical.

Have a punt on an accumulator if you fancy it. Lol

Edited by GlobalVillan

5 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

If Brighton lose this we can definitely finish above them. Arsenal, Newcastle City and us to play - there may not be too many points there.

We have to beat Spurs though. 

What about their home match against Southampton?