Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

17 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Clutching at some seriously invisible straws here. But if City actually did get some kind of punishment for the many years of flagrant cheating (don’t laugh 😂). Would that potentially open up another European spot? 

No. Because they won't be punished.

A swift telling off and it will be brushed under the carpet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, picicata said:

Not if we beat that 4-0! I love it when a plan comes together!

Even I will start to believe if we beat Spurs 4-0 😅

Edited by Pinebro

Just now, fightoffyour said:

In our hands to score more goals

I struggle to see where these goals are coming from when our remaining games are Spurs, Liverpool and Brighton.

I'm sorry but its over lads. I think we all deep down know it.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I struggle to see where these goals are coming from when our remaining games are Spurs, Liverpool and Brighton.

I'm sorry but its over lads. I think we all deep down know it.

That’s hardly point. Regardless of form or ability to score goals, objectively it’s in our own hands.

Do I think it’s likely? No. Do I think we have a chance? Depending on the next must win game first and foremost, yes absolutely.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We beat them by 2 goals and the GD is equal.

Our next games after that are Liverpool and Brighton.

Theirs are Brentford and Leeds.

Likeliness of us making Europe is probably below 2 percent.

Man Utd and Wolves games were season defining moments.

Should we just give up then? No, just like Arsenal shouldn't give up on the title. But it's so exremely unlikely, all things considered.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Should we just give up then? No, just like Arsenal shouldn't give up on the title. But it's so exremely unlikely, all things considered.

Are you offering 50/1 odds on it then? I’ll take that up.

That must mean we have about 10% chance of beating spurs and even if we do that still only having 25% chance of finishing above them.

Edited by fightoffyour

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Are you offering 50/1 odds on it then? I’ll take that up.

No, I'm not stupid enough to be a gambler.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Spurs have won 3 in 12 since March 1st they are in poor form and one of them wins was a robbery vs Brighton

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

The stat guys who I’ve been slating for ages but so many love on here that I put their latest analysis on here the other day post our game said the likeliness of us making Europe is at 19% now.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

The stat guys who I’ve been slating for ages but so many love on here that I put their latest analysis on here the other day post our game said the likeliness of us making Europe is at 19% now.

I'd say 19 % is very generous.

36 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I'd say 19 % is very generous.

I think it’s actually fair for once, the outsider to get the European spot of us, Brighton and Spurs for two spots. At this stage, two home games out of three, two against both opponents, points are close…you can understand 19% logically.  

Suggests we are the real outsider but an unexpected win which happens in the PL.  Spurs are patchy and Brighton have very hard games and a heavy schedule.  19% also shows how unlikely it is because suggests 81% we won’t make it.

For me it’ll be interesting to see what the Spurs game brings us because they are Jekyll and Hyde, we could easily turn them over at home or get beaten.  The two games after, for us, are the problem re Europe but I may have more hope if we do beat Spurs.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Problem is Spuds wants a place in Europe just as much as we do, I think that it will be a game to far for us 😥...the cheating diving Kane will "cleverly" fool the ref and VAR for a match winning penalty at some point in the last 5 mins....whilst denying us several "goals"....

The officials after the game then pick up their "complimentary" bottles of scotch and their nice fat brown envelopes stuffed with used £20 notes c/o sky and Levy

I can't stand Kane or spuds........or VAR's or the corruption that is pretty obviously going on now... 😡🤬

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

It was always a long shot, even after we moved ourselves up into 5th briefly. A small squad with very little opportunity for rotation over the past few months and a tough fixture list has prevailed unfortunately. Fingers crossed we can pick up another 4-6 points to at least end the season strongly.

Frustrating to lose two in a row but there wouldn’t be such despondency if those defeats had been spread across the 12 games rather than back to back now. Not looking likely for Europe I’ll admit given the fixtures but let’s try and beat Spurs and see where we stand after that. 

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

United dropping points against everyone but us. Standard. 

United are very good at home as are Wolves relatively. Without that United wouldn’t be in the to 4 and Wolves would still be in a relegation battle. We played both at a time when our squad depth was becoming a factor. 

We’re not suddenly a bad team, with the injury situation improving, there’s no reason that we can’t win the last three games, tricky though that would obviously be. 

• Like 4