Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/22 at 22:59

Credit where credit’s due. Got it spot on today.

Keep it up at Leicester, play with both Kamara and Luiz, bench McGinn and just maybe he’s starting to see his previous errors. 

This thread is wild. We were battered. We got a result based on one great sequence and City not taking their chances. .26 to 2 expected goals. 

I’m happy. We needed the point. But to act like SG finally taking McGinn off and us getting a fluke result was some managerial masterclass is ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Much better. Often with Villa we look better against sides in which we are not expected to have much of the ball. In fairness to  Gerrard he got his tactics correct today. We actually had a shape unlike last week's shambles but then again is that easier when you are expect just to be deep and compact?

City on another day could have won the game with the chances they made, though we had a few with Ramsey and Coutinho's on-side goal. City are a good side and I expect them to win the league. I can't see Jack getting much of a run out for them this year but that's isn't my problem. Still doesn't stop me disliking them and what they are doing to the game. They are still just a nothing club.

Young made a difference when he replaced a struggling cash. His tackle on Haaland really got the crowd going. Rolled back the years. 

Hopefully we can take his point and move on but knowing Villa who knows.

Edited by The Fun Factory

24 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Yet, accurate.

And when people invest time, money, emotion and energy into something, they're allowed to put forward their opinion.

I didn't say they weren't. The same way I'm of the opinion that constant whinging is fecking annoying. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Much better. Often with Villa we look better against sides in which we are not expected to have much of the ball. In fairness to  Gerrard he got his tactics correct today.

City on another day could have won the game with the chances they made, though we had a few with Ramsey and Coutinho's on-side goal. City are a good side and I expect them to win the league. I can't see Jack getting much of a run out for them this year but that's isn't my problem. Still doesn't stop me disliking them and what they are doing to the game. They are still just a nothing club.

Young made a difference when he replaced a struggling cash. His tackle on Haaland really got the crowd going. Rolled back the years. 

Hopefully we can take his point and move on but knowing Villa who knows.

I agree. Horrible club and everything it stands for.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raymond said:

This thread is wild. We were battered. We got a result based on one great sequence and City not taking their chances. .26 to 2 expected goals. 

I’m happy. We needed the point. But to act like SG finally taking McGinn off and us getting a fluke result was some managerial masterclass is ridiculous. 

Did you actually watch the match, or just read some stats and come on to take the piss?

• Like 2

Good performance today. Unsurprisingly, Kamara and Luiz looked really good together. It was encouraging to see us finishing strongly. Martinez had some saves to make but I never had the feeling we were under siege. City struggled to create any decent chances after we scored. Watkins was outstanding today I thought. Reminded me of the Ollie of old with his running and hold up play. I still don’t have confidence in Gerrard to sustain good levels of performance. We are still 17th after six games. 

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Currently watching a Man City youtuber praising our performance and our players against them.

Saying we surprised him with how good we performed today based on what he's seen of us this season.

Says we have some quality players in our squad who have been underperforming.

Also says there is an argument that we were robbed, and VAR is a farce,

Yet some of our own fans are trying to find every reason to discredit us by saying it was a " poor Man City performance " . lol

It reinforces what a lot of us have been thinking. I don’t think it’s a matter of us overrating players too we just don’t use them properly. Positive signs to move forward with. Still a long way to go but today was very good 

47 minutes ago, Raymond said:

We played the best team in the league if not the world. We absolutely weren’t battered. Their main man has scored two hatricks in 6 games already and one very well worked goal was all they managed today. We may have had one great sequence but city only had one too, that’s beyond difficult to manage against them. If I could chose to bin Gerrard tonight I still would, but it would be unfair to not give credit to Gerrard and co tonight. You can either pretend it was a fluke or try and take the positives from what we saw, the next games will better represent Gerrard. There was no masterclass, just a good selection and approach to a game I expected us to lose by 6+ goals. 

Â