Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

21 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

If some team pays £10mill for that dross, they need to sack their entire scouting department. 

He was mostly fine. 

He's good at what he does he's just not someone who does great with wingers running at him or in possession. He's good winning the ball in the middle with great positioning and he's good in a low block he'd be very good for a team like Crystal Palace

1 hour ago, HongKongVillan said:

He was ok last Saturday when we needed him but that walk back from midfield to defence for their goal was pretty criminal, especially he is not one of those playing every 3 to 4 days.

Needs to do better 

He simply isn't match fit and he's never been particularly athletic either.

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

No, he's not anything. He's a clumbersome waste of space and nowhere near good enough for this club. 

A desperate Gerrard signing. 

I’m pretty sure he was a Lange signing. I don’t think Gerrard wanted him. 
Anyway. I think you’re being harsh. He doesn’t suit our style of play but he has plenty of international caps and plenty of premier league appearances to boot. I think he is a useful option for a lot of decent sides. He just doesn’t suit us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Missed the game today but sounds like Wolves’s starter that they were so upset to see leave didn’t have the greatest game against the Bosnian champions.

he wasnt terrible terrible, he was partly to blame for the goal, he was ok-ish otherwise, kinda, meh ok, i guess its just......

He's kinda like a human form sloth isnt he, as if a single sloth went on a mad evolutionary drive and he is now the most evolutionary advanced sloth on the planet.

but he's still a sloth, i kinda get the impression that if there was a particularly juicy and leafy bush at the side of the pitch, i wouldnt be surprised to see him meander over to the side of the pitch for a snack.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

he wasnt terrible terrible, he was partly to blame for the goal, he was ok-ish otherwise, kinda, meh ok, i guess its just......

He's kinda like a human form sloth isnt he, as if a single sloth went on a mad evolutionary drive and he is now the most evolutionary advanced sloth on the planet.

but he's still a sloth.

He’s such a limited player. Put him around a lot of good players and play a low block and he can do a job. It’s pretty much how Wolves thrived with Nuno in charge. He needs to be at a team fighting relegation week in week out and I’ve no doubt he will be eventually. He must have top agent to have got this move to Villa.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s such a limited player. Put him around a lot of good players and play a low block and he can do a job. It’s pretty much how Wolves thrived with Nuno in charge. He needs to be at a team fighting relegation week in week out and I’ve no doubt he will be eventually. He must have top agent to have got this move to Villa.

yeah, i agree he would do well in a low block team, he has done very well for us when we have played defensively/low block tbh, but as you say he just doesnt suit how we play now, kinda like Chambers tbh, he's also ok-ish when we are backs to the wall and defending as deep as possible, but again, he doesnt suit our current style at all.

either would do well at a low block team i think.

Edited by MaVilla

Showed again his limitations. Not good under any form of pressure, not good at passing. 

He served his purpose tonight.. he gave Kamara a rest. I suspect he may be able to do that in the next round too if our draw is lucky.  And maybe in the FA Cup.

If we can improve on him in January I'd welcome it. If we can't, he's better than nobody for the few games we'll be able to use him in. Not worth the salary he's on though, so ideally would be good to get an upgrade. 

See it as the most key position to improve on, given the fact Konsa is a far more able right back deputy than Donk is DM.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, i agree he would do well in a low block team, he has done very well for us when we have played defensively/low block, but as you say he just doesnt suit how we play now, kinda like Chambers tbh, he's also ok-ish when we are backs to the wall and defending as deep as possible, but again, he doesnt suit our current style at all.

either would do well at a low block team i think.

As do a lot of championship and league one players. It’s backs to the wall stuff. You don’t need to worry about the ball, just stop the opponent. But apparently to some he is good enough for a team that has aspirations to finish top 4. 

• Like 1

Â