September Optimism Gauge

limpid

Match Polls  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish this season?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

• Very Optimistic
    • Optimistic
    • Average
    • Pessimistic
    • Very Pessimistic

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/09/22 at 22:59

Things don’t look great at the moment but what chance do we have when some of  the fan base are already ridiculing two players that haven’t even signed yet. Making jokes about Dendonkers name is frankly pathetic.. We do have a large number of followers who offer very little in terms of support.to the players.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I liked the poosr option.

I think poosr was also a ratings and reaction option.

Let's make it a thing

I would, but for the next 20 years I'd be answering questions about what it means.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2022 at 22:15, flashingqwerty said:

There'll be no optimism from me until we appoint a new manager.

Until yesterdays performance, I felt the same, because of how SG has performed and how poorly we have started the season… all of my enthusiasm, belief and positivity had been drained and extinguished. Was hard to look forward to games…

But I want to try and “keep the hope” and see if we will kick on now and improve, if we can put in some really positive performances in the next couple of games at least. They will be a completely different story and challenge… we need wins, some sort of positive run… points on the board, climb that table…

These games will really show where we are actually at and if it is worth “holding fire” (and whether or not the last performance was just “papering over cracks) or taking decisive action and making a necessary, if not overdue, change…

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Until yesterdays performance, I felt the same, because of how SG has performed and how poorly we have started the season… all of my enthusiasm, belief and positivity had been drained and extinguished. Was hard to look forward to games…

But I want to try and “keep the hope” and see if we will kick on now and improve, if we can put in some really positive performances in the next couple of games at least. They will be a completely different story and challenge… we need wins, some sort of positive run… points on the board, climb that table…

These games will really show where we are actually at and if it is worth “holding fire” (and whether or not the last performance was just “papering over cracks) or taking decisive action and making a necessary, if not overdue, change…

I admire you're optimism, but sadly even in the Man City game, I still don't see an identity or playing style.  Until we look like a team that know what to do and how to play, which hasn't happened since peak DS era, then I'm not going to find any optimism.

2 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

I admire you're optimism, but sadly even in the Man City game, I still don't see an identity or playing style.  Until we look like a team that know what to do and how to play, which hasn't happened since peak DS era, then I'm not going to find any optimism.

I was of the same view but I’m try to take positives where I can get them. I have issues with the manager (not at all a fan) but I’m more concerned with the club and our players. We did set up effectively to combat City and the attitude and work rate was spot on tbf.

I don’t have much optimism tbh, it’s just a bit of hope and moreso desire that we start improving and getting results now… one game (including the context of it, more of a defensive show and approach) does not make up for the “sins of the past”… more and better is required…

But, as I’ve said, the next few games will show whether or not we are making progress and whether or not the manager is seeing the errors of his ways, is learning and can help us move forwards or not.

I’m not letting him off after one game/performance but I don’t enjoy the despair and misery. I wanted him gone but the club have decided to stick with him… let’s see how we do, if we revert to type and are aimless and crap again then surely he has to go, we can’t allow ourselves to regress so far… it’s a dangerous game, the rot can set in, players can lose confidence, belief and faith. Conversely, a good performance (hopefully we can go on a run) and result can build and fortify those qualities and bring better form out of our players…

All we can do is wait and see, as frustrating as that may be…

I just want to see us do well…

• Like 1