Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not getting the Traore comparisons.

What they have in common is being skillfull, black, and African. lol

Sarr is a much more powerful runner, fast, strong and dynamic.

That’s literally where the comparison stops lol they aren’t alike at all 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

The reaction to this signing suggests to me that Villatalk has collectively lost its marbles.

Sarr is an excellent player by anyone’s standards and I am glad to see him join the squad.

It just seems like petulance to criticise the signing because you don’t like the manager.

I agree that Sarr is a good player, however my major reservations are that we already have good players that Gerrard can't fit into his 'formation' and are being wasted. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

You’ve just told us the deal is off? 

"Heard" thats all. I'm not saying personally its off.

Would you be happy if villa called the deal off?

• Haha 1

Percy saying he's been a long term target for Villa. From before Jack was even sold. So I can imagine there's a lot of time gone into if he's the right player for us or not.

I'd love to know why we are after a wide forward though. Hopefully it becomes clear soon. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I’ve ‘heard’ that I’m going to be playing CM for villa next week against wet spam. Gerrard is going to call me and offer me 175k a week for 5 years. 

not saying personally it’s going to happen but I require attention on a forum I like to frequent so might as well. 

You would do a better job than John Mcginn

38 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Out of interest, do people who've seen him play much think he's a noticeable upgrade on Traore? 

Yes. Bit inconsistent, as you'd expect at Watford (he'll be at home here!), but has the ability to tear teams apart. Was linked to Liverpool for about £40m not so long ago. A noticeable upgrade on Bertie and Trez

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Percy saying he's been a long term target for Villa. From before Jack was even sold. So I can imagine there's a lot of time gone into if he's the right player for us or not.

I'd love to know why we are after a wide forward though. Hopefully it becomes clear soon. 

Complete guess but it sounds to me that the powers above have said to Gerrard that you've had the backing for what you wanted and it isn't working, We're heading more to a club direction. 

I hope this is the signal that something will change and a new approach is happening. I'll accept its completely wasted pre season so I don't want to hear any bullshit excuses. But I'll be pleased if we can start showing a positive improvement. 

• Like 3

For what it's worth I think Sarr is an excellent talent, he offers real pace which scares teams (something we don't have, no not Bailey).

But where he fits in the system is confusing. He'd slot into a side like Leeds or Palace with ease as they play wide with wingers. We don't and still wouldn't with his signing unless Bailey went wide left, but Bailey is a RW who cuts inside.

So do we then play a lopsided system with Buendia/Coutinho wide, or do we play Sarr centrally which isn't his best position.

Maybe the following could work and we keep the fullbacks to focus on defending but JJ is young and won't be consistent.

Sarr Buendia Ramsey

Ings/Watkins

It's mad how just a few weeks ago I'd be thrilled with this signing, but right now it just seems so unnecessary. It doesn't do anything to solve the blatant issue that's causing us so many problems. I just don't get the logic.

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Three scenario' spring to mind:

1)  Gerrard has had a "road to Damascus" epiphany, and is changing to a 4-4-1-1.

2) Gerrard has been told to retire to his office, and front the club with the media side of things, while Critchley does the coaching and tactics.

3) There's a new manager search underway.

• Like 1

Â