Parenting Corner: The joys and trials of raising little Villans

Marka Ragnos

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Jack had awful reflux. I have videos of him writhing around in his sleep from it, it was horrible.

We eventually had to press the doctor to prescribe him Omeprezol and it completely cured it

One of our granddaughters had terrible reflux, until she was weaned. Soon as she got onto solid food, it stopped. 

My daughter during pregnancy developed reflux now to the point she lives on rice, salmon and chicken. She is throwing up regularly. Tomorrow she is having a camera down her throat to see if this is a bigger problem. It's took 8 years for the doctors to get to this point. 

I think about my own and my loved one's deaths multiple times a day.  I really wish I didn't but my mind just does it.

Edit: I think I meant to put this in the Getting Older thread, bit dark for this one

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

19 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Quite common, its Reflux, my youngest had it for a couple of years, even vomited in my mouth once,  stopped one night and never happened again 

Just had a flashback to when my son was about 18 month's old. I was playing with him and lying on the floor as he stood over me. Out of nowhere he vomited all over my face and straight up from nose which then ran down my throat. Horrible feeling made all the worse as I had to clean him up before cleaning myself.

Aren't kids wonderful. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I think about my own and my loved one's deaths multiple times a day.  I really wish I didn't but my mind just does it.

Edit: I think I meant to put this in the Getting Older thread, bit dark for this one

Same, started when my first was born and I was 35, had probably thought about it a handful of times before then and now it's an almost daily occurance, having kids has made me scared of dying, not like crashing my car and dying today but dying before my daughter gets married or even reaches 18 etc etc

My 3.5 year old daughter came home from kindergarten today and told my wife that she'd asked some other girls if she could play with them and they'd said no and it made her upset

Good job I was at work cos it choked me up there, if I was at home I think I'd have cried

Bitches

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

My 3.5 year old daughter came home from kindergarten today and told my wife that she'd asked some other girls if she could play with them and they'd said no and it made her upset

Good job I was at work cos it choked me up there, if I was at home I think I'd have cried

Bitches

I'm not looking forward to this kind of thing happening to Jack.

He got bitten at nursery the other day (quite badly actually. Didn't break the skin but he has a big bit shaped bruise on his stomach)

He was fine by the time I got there in the afternoon to pick him up, but they said he'd been really upset and it definitely got to me

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my daughter has that problem with my son 😂 

Do you thinks it's a boy vs girl thing? All the pairs of sisters in our family have always got on well together, with surprisingly little jealousy or aggro. 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Bitches

Girls are definitely worse than boys for this type of thing.

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Do you thinks it's a boy vs girl thing? All the pairs of sisters in our family have always got on well together, with surprisingly little jealousy or aggro. 

dunno

she gives as good as she gets, they dont fight fight, he's only 1.5, i think maybe i'm a little too playful with him and he'll jump all over me etc but whereas i'll wrestle with him and throw him about she cant

the biting is something thats kind of stopped after a really bad one, the hair pulling...I've seen him rip clumps out of the poor girl

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2023 at 12:38, mjmooney said:

My two daughters are like cat and dog. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

I guess we got lucky. 

It’s beyond a joke really , most days they argue, fall out or fight. Gets me and my wife down they are very hard work but they will grow out of it, I hope. My son on the other hand, well he’s golden, although not as innocent as he has us believe. 

Anyone else’s kids have a noise sensitivity when they were toddlers? 

I’ve just picked up little un from childminder and she said that he was freaking out at the sounds of motorbikes and aeroplanes above to the point of complete meltdown. This seems new as he’s never really been like that around me and mrs. 

im trying not to freak out cause he was born prematurely and he had a bad reaction to gentamyacin which I know can affect hearing. He has an audiologist so will mention at next appointment but yeah just wanted some other peoples thoughts.

Any advice on fussy eating toddlers? My daughter has become so fussy with food recently and it drives me nuts. Both me and her mother spend so much time and effort making meals for her only for it to be flat out refused. Thank god for frozen fish fingers. Seems the only thing we can guarantee she'll eat

19 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Any advice on fussy eating toddlers? My daughter has become so fussy with food recently and it drives me nuts. Both me and her mother spend so much time and effort making meals for her only for it to be flat out refused. Thank god for frozen fish fingers. Seems the only thing we can guarantee she'll eat

Pasta pesto for my lad!  It’s a nightmare

Â