Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Salah looks like he's maybe starting to hit form

Disagree, it depends where he plays. He plays wide when Darwin Nunez starts and thats where he rarely gets returns. Picking Salah is a gamble that Nunez doesn't start. Midweek, he got three points, played out wide again. Last weekend played up front, got a return.

Playing Salah imo is a gamble based on Darwin Nunez not playing.

Now Nunez also after a slow start due to injury and suspension seems to be getting his act together and in my mind, that means lots more of Salah out wide

With respect to KDB, unless you have Foden in your team already, there is no point, just get Foden instead. Even now with Foden's price rapidly shooting up, there is still over £3.5mil in value to be saved. Foden's price went up last night and is predicted to rise again tonight so be quick to make that decision.

EDIT: I also think Nunez or Firmino are better options points wise and pts per £ wise than Salah if you don't have them

I switched from KDB to Salah given the extra fixture Salah had but I’ll probably switch back to KDB for a couple of fixtures before the World Cup

Neither of them are value for money at the moment but their fixtures need to be attacked. 

Going to play Ward ahead of Pope this week for a bit of a differential in my work league

Next decision is who to replace next week, Rashford, Peresic or Pope. That decision kinda rests on performances this week. Curent thinking is Saka in for Rashford but I could be tempted to downgrade Peresic to White or Pope to a cheaper option put more money back in the pot

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Going to play Ward ahead of Pope this week for a bit of a differential in my work league

Next decision is who to replace next week, Rashford, Peresic or Pope. That decision kinda rests on performances this week. Curent thinking is Saka in for Rashford but I could be tempted to downgrade Peresic to White or Pope to a cheaper option put more money back in the pot

i've dropped perisic this week. 1) he's crap and 2) is apparently not starting

23 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i've dropped perisic this week. 1) he's crap and 2) is apparently not starting

FPL wise he's not crap but the not starting wouldn't shock me, that leaves me with Williams and Webster neither of which I want to play this week :(

Looks like the Salah gamble may pay off this week for those that did as Nunez not starting

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

FPL wise he's not crap but the not starting wouldn't shock me, that leaves me with Williams and Webster neither of which I want to play this week :(

Looks like the Salah gamble may pay off this week for those that did as Nunez not starting

i was soooo close to captaining salah this week but chickened out of it

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

and foden

Yikes, though even though I only brought him in this week, that was a longer term view not a one week shot so I'm less concerned

Peresic can be benched by Spurs this week though, I have Willaims first up out of my two benched defenders :D I have to hope Rashford does something then :( 

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yikes, though even though I only brought him in this week, that was a longer term view not a one week shot so I'm less concerned

Peresic can be benched by Spurs this week though, I have Willaims first up out of my two benched defenders :D I have to hope Rashford does something then :( 

he's going to be apparently, depending on how much faith you put into these leaked line up twitter accounts, so i benched him for FPL

problem for you is with the 5 subs rule is that he'll likely come on still

it's kinda sad that just cannot get excited about haaland goals

in the top 1m, he has 99% ownership, of which 90% captained him. it means so little...effective points for my team is only 0.5 for that goal

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

How many mugs captained Salah this week then 🤣

fortunately one of them is my main mini league rival, who went against haaland and picked kane last weekend and thought he'd try and be clever again

23 hours ago, bickster said:

Disagree, it depends where he plays. He plays wide when Darwin Nunez starts and thats where he rarely gets returns. Picking Salah is a gamble that Nunez doesn't start. Midweek, he got three points, played out wide again. Last weekend played up front, got a return.

Playing Salah imo is a gamble based on Darwin Nunez not playing.

Now Nunez also after a slow start due to injury and suspension seems to be getting his act together and in my mind, that means lots more of Salah out wide

With respect to KDB, unless you have Foden in your team already, there is no point, just get Foden instead. Even now with Foden's price rapidly shooting up, there is still over £3.5mil in value to be saved. Foden's price went up last night and is predicted to rise again tonight so be quick to make that decision.

EDIT: I also think Nunez or Firmino are better options points wise and pts per £ wise than Salah if you don't have them

We were both wrong 😄 I would have gone with KDB but wondering about Pep roulette over the next weeks. Let's see how this pans out...