Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Might get rid of KDB and to free up money to bring Sterling and Mitrovic in worried about the Haaland rotation but still dont want to transfer him out 🤣

Rotation or not, transferring Haaland out would be absolute madnes, imo. He's the best player in the game currently and I can't see that slowing down

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Rotation or not, transferring Haaland out would be absolute madnes, imo. He's the best player in the game currently and I can't see that slowing down

Starting from tonight, Haaland's nailed on-ness in that team will become a doubt, so I think there could come a point where he becomes a right pain in the ass to own.
They play Wed, Sat, Tue, Sat, Wed, Sat from now in September. Hopefully there's a pattern to which competition he plays in more. My guess is, early days they'll probably favour him in the Premier League to get a good lead, whereas I expect in the knockouts of the CL they'll probably start to use him more in that because it's the one they really want, and use him as required in the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes I think so to, I have Salah, Haaland and KDB but no reserve striker to come in for Haaland if he doesn’t play. So it might be a case of shifting KDB for either Sterling and Mitrovic or Kane and Da silva/March.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Starting from tonight, Haaland's nailed on-ness in that team will become a doubt, so I think there could come a point where he becomes a right pain in the ass to own.
They play Wed, Sat, Tue, Sat, Wed, Sat from now in September. Hopefully there's a pattern to which competition he plays in more. My guess is, early days they'll probably favour him in the Premier League to get a good lead, whereas I expect in the knockouts of the CL they'll probably start to use him more in that because it's the one they really want, and use him as required in the league.

I realise that, but even so, can you really go without him?

Just now, Stevo985 said:

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

i think both of these are true. i don't think you can go without him but equally there will be weeks where he's a pain in the arse...city take a 3 goal lead in the first half in which he's not contributed to any of the goals but is taken off to be rested for the upcoming CL game, getting just 1 point.

but there will also be times alvarez starts but haaland comes on for the last 30 mins and scores a brace

personally, i'm keeping him, but seldom captaining him

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Currently no, but I think it may be a case that in a month or so Kane or the like might look more appealing. 

25 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think both of these are true. i don't think you can go without him but equally there will be weeks where he's a pain in the arse...city take a 3 goal lead in the first half in which he's not contributed to any of the goals but is taken off to be rested for the upcoming CL game, getting just 1 point.

You could say that about a lot of premium players though

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You could say that about a lot of premium players though

I think Haaland will be the most rested/rotated premium by some distance. Pep hasn't even tried to hide it. Now you could try to argue no premium will play 90 minutes every week and therefore they're all in the same boat, but the likes of Kane, Salah, Sterling etc will play far more than Haaland will.

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

not captaining haaland has absolutely **** me this week...unless salah does the business

I was going to captain him but all the Pep chat put me off. 

Hate the bald git. Swear he does it on purpose to mess with FPL. 

fantasy football fix's live rank prediction had me at around 1.1m before that 2nd liverpool goal

i climbed 300k places after that 2nd salah assist as it got him the 2 BPs. lovely.