Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Interesting.

I've given in to the pressure and signed Jesus so current front 3 is Haaland, Jesus, Toney

But Toney was just to catch his price rise. I'll probably go for Mitro

I wanted a differential so dumped Jesus and took the profit on having him since wk1

I also currently have Mac Allister in the hope that he goes up another 0.1 before the end of the week, already risen 0.1 since I did it yesterday,  I've no intention of keeping him as that slot will possibly revert back to Bailey as I try to shoehorn Luis Diaz into midfield

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

I winder how much Salah's price will fall?

it's not forecast to happen just yet. wolves at home this weekend i can see people hanging on for a little bit yet

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Wasn't the reason I did it anyway, I thought he'd gone up by 0.2?

Nope, still only 8.1. Unless he fell in price overnight? In which case you timed it perfectly :D 

Edit: oh he actually did. You nailed it!

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Nope, still only 8.1. Unless he fell in price overnight? In which case you timed it perfectly :D 

Ah fairy nuff

I just got sick of looking at all the teams with Jesus / Haaland up front in our works league (which has money riding on it). It would be madness to get rid of Haaland so needed to make the differentials elsewhere, hence Kane for Jesus and dumping Salah and building the new team around that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Ah fairy nuff

I just got sick of looking at all the teams with Jesus / Haaland up front in our works league (which has money riding on it). It would be madness to get rid of Haaland so needed to make the differentials elsewhere, hence Kane for Jesus and dumping Salah and building the new team around that

I could still be tempted to go Haaland, Mitro and Toney

sticking to my plan of wildcarding during the intl break. happy with my team as it stands

annoyed that i brought in estupinan considering they have bournemouth this weekend but he was benched yesterday and they played trossard WB. can't see them changing a team that just won 5-2

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm surprised so many people are ditching Jesus. He has 6 returns in 6 games and has Everton and Brentford next so could easily get more. 

He’s overperforming… 👀

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

So is Haaland. 

Yep, but Haaland has overperformed his whole career so far. He's one of the few players in football who consistently overperforms vs their xG.

Jesus actually has a history of underperforming vs xG

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, but Haaland has overperformed his whole career so far. He's one of the few players in football who consistently overperforms vs their xG.

Jesus actually has a history of underperforming vs xG

In all seriousness. I think Arsenal's results make them look better than they are. Are they better than last season? Yes Are they as good as the pundits are making them out to be? No definitely not. They had a nice run of fixtures to start with and if people are Wildcarding they'll be taking the run of bad fixtures to come in a few weeks into account

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

who's selling all their brighton players when potter goes to chelsea?

GW9 Brighton go into Liverpool & Spurs. I won't own any of them anyway. I currently only own Sanchez but I'll be getting someone for this week.