Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

GW9 Brighton go into Liverpool & Spurs. I won't own any of them anyway. I currently only own Sanchez but I'll be getting someone for this week.

i'm confident that whichever assistant takes over can get them a result vs bournemouth. i've got gross and estupinan who might not even start

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i'm confident that whichever assistant takes over can get them a result vs bournemouth. i've got gross and estupinan who might not even start

I want either Trossard or Mac Allister for Bournemouth. Both for different reasons. Trossard means losing Cancelo for GW8 (wol). Mac Allister means losing James (LIV).

* I wildcard in 9 so they come straight back in anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I want either Trossard or Mac Allister for Bournemouth. Both for different reasons. Trossard means losing Cancelo for GW8 (wol). Mac Allister means losing James (LIV).

* I wildcard in 9 so they come straight back in anyway.

something else to factor in, it's looking ever more likely that the palace game is getting postponed in GW8

• Thanks 1

something else to factor in, it's looking ever more likely that the palace game is getting postponed in GW8

Cheers, I hadn't seen that. I was swapping Brighton straight out for Rashford in 8 but that's still useful. Means looking at Sanchez 😕

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Cheers, I hadn't seen that. I was swapping Brighton straight out for Rashford in 8 but that's still useful. Means looking at Sanchez 😕

it might end up being a GW8 wildcard for me. own 2 brighton players which i'd planned to play vs palace and had other moves i wanted to make for GW8

it might end up being a GW8 wildcard for me. own 2 brighton players which i'd planned to play vs palace and had other moves i wanted to make for GW8

This may mean I go straight to Rashford for 7 and hope he can stay in touching distance (-4) of Trossard, and use the hit in GW8 on Sanchez instead of on Trossard->Rashford. The other move I was making was Trippier+Mitrovic in for Cancelo+Archer. Ho hum. I'll leave it for now anyway. Plenty of moolah in the bank.

definitely wildcarding. Annoyingly Brighton players prices are going to take a battering so can't leave too late. Hopefully people keep them for bournemouth at least so I can at least wait till next week 

edit: and i'm genuinely considering not picking any liverpool players. something isn't right and their fixtures aren't getting any easier. not even sure trent is worth it

Edited by tomav84

13 hours ago, tomav84 said:

definitely wildcarding. Annoyingly Brighton players prices are going to take a battering so can't leave too late. Hopefully people keep them for bournemouth at least so I can at least wait till next week 

edit: and i'm genuinely considering not picking any liverpool players. something isn't right and their fixtures aren't getting any easier. not even sure trent is worth it

I think Trossards price is still predicted to rise tonight

But I'm definitely a Brighton bailer with my wildcard. One game postponed and the mangaer buggering off to Chelsea. And if Potter does go to Chelsea, that's Chelsea in the uncertainty zone too because Potter is bound to chop and change for a few weeks, players and positions, he's known to tinker with where players play.

What I'm pondering right now is whether to build around Haaland / Kane or Haarland / KDB. I'm trying to do it so I have flexibility to play 3-4-3 / 4-3-3 / 3-5-2 depending on fixtures but that means looking for bargains at the back which may have to mean double Man Utd in defence. It may mean having to just go with Haaland and no other premium player

Decisions decisions

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I think Trossards price is still predicted to rise tonight

But I'm definitely a Brighton bailer with my wildcard. One game postponed and the mangaer buggering off to Chelsea. And if Potter does go to Chelsea, that's Chelsea in the uncertainty zone too because Potter is bound to chop and change for a few weeks, players and positions, he's known to tinker with where players play.

What I'm pondering right now is whether to build around Haaland / Kane or Haarland / KDB. I'm trying to do it so I have flexibility to play 3-4-3 / 4-3-3 / 3-5-2 depending on fixtures but that means looking for bargains at the back which may have to mean double Man Utd in defence. It may mean having to just go with Haaland and no other premium player

Decisions decisions

one thing about potter though, is that he does like the wing backs system so the likes of james will remain good options

100% agree that brighton players become a much less appealing prospect now. my team is set this week...brighton should still beat bournemouth...but wildcarding next week.

• Like 1

So the burning question is, if the weekend fictures are cancelled, do I still have to finish my wildcard transfers by Saturday morning or do I get an extra two weeks?

Not sure I could bear an extra two weeks of tinkering

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

So the burning question is, if the weekend fictures are cancelled, do I still have to finish my wildcard transfers by Saturday morning or do I get an extra two weeks?

Not sure I could bear an extra two weeks of tinkering

Once your wildcard is active you get until the next deadline I think?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

If this weeks games are cancelled, next weeks are likely to be too. Funeral wont be until week after

yep. 10 day mourning period, funeral next sunday, sporting events likely to be cancelled throughout the period

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If they don’t move the deadline and have GW7 as a dead Gameweek then I’ll be **** livid having played my wildcard

Exactly what’s happened. Absolute **** bullshit

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Exactly what’s happened. Absolute **** bullshit

Has this been confirmed as finalised? I'd have thought it's too early to know the full extent of what they will or won't do. Seems unfair and a very lazy solution i.e. they end up doing literally **** all to help people in a period where, proportionately, a lot of people will have triggered their wildcards.

If it IS what they do, at least the damage is limited by the fact you only have this team until GW16 and your GW7 fixtures will probably(?) be in there somewhere. So not as bad as in other seasons but far less than optimal.