Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

1 hour ago, a-k said:

How the hell did Isak not get an assist for that last night??? They gave it to him initially and then took it away???

Harsh but just following the rules. His pass was deflected.

1 FT. Henry to Trent. 10 doublers + Trippier home to Saints. Locked and loaded. Watkins first sub. Green arrow please and thank you.

25 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

need some genuine advice. is it worth a -12 to have both trent and salah, meaning i'd have 10 DGW players+trippier?

-12 is about the limit of what I'd ever contemplate. It obviously depends who you're selling. Don't discount single gameweek players. If they have a good fixture they could easily outscore a DGW player. I'd also only contemplate it if it is seriously improving your team for subsequent weeks too.  Ultimately go with your gut. It's not a disaster and could easily pay you back in the long run. But as I say, depending on the other variables, it might not work either.  I'd prefer KDB over Trent this GW for example.

43 minutes ago, BOF said:

-12 is about the limit of what I'd ever contemplate. It obviously depends who you're selling. Don't discount single gameweek players. If they have a good fixture they could easily outscore a DGW player. I'd also only contemplate it if it is seriously improving your team for subsequent weeks too.  Ultimately go with your gut. It's not a disaster and could easily pay you back in the long run. But as I say, depending on the other variables, it might not work either.  I'd prefer KDB over Trent this GW for example.

the thing is, the first question i ask when taking hits is "are their minutes guaranteed?" if i do -8 then i'll likely be bringing in gakpo because i won't need the 3rd transfer to free funds up to get salah but i cannot guarantee 150+ minutes for gakpo. for salah, he's a safe bet of playing probably 160-170 minutes which is why i'm contemplating the additional -4.

i could of course just do TAA for chilwell for -4 and leave it at that...but i really think not having any liverpool attackers would be a mistake this week.

i couldn't bring myself to do the -12. need TAA to score low this week as he's going to have a high ownership. did salah and mac allister for buendia and maddison. means having to play chilwell away to arsenal...what could possibly go wrong

11 hours ago, BOF said:

1 FT. Henry to Trent. 10 doublers + Trippier home to Saints. Locked and loaded. Watkins first sub. Green arrow please and thank you.

Same move but have Raya in goal and went with Toney over Trippier. Trippier has been awful for weeks so expecting a 12 pointer now.

Not checked the league for a while had some good gameweeks in the last cpl of months, currently in 2nd, team is loaded up on 8 double gameweek players used my 2ft to get rid of saka and Martinez for stones and gakpo, was tempted to bring in mahrez but can’t risk the pep roulette with winning most of my other leagues, still got my triple Captain to play 

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

Getting toward crunch time in a couple of cash mini leagues yet I’ve found myself taking a -8, hope it pays off! Salah, Grealish and Rashford in for Saka, Martinelli and Eze

8 hours ago, chappy said:

Getting toward crunch time in a couple of cash mini leagues yet I’ve found myself taking a -8, hope it pays off! Salah, Grealish and Rashford in for Saka, Martinelli and Eze

How much did you have in your bank????

6 minutes ago, a-k said:

How much did you have in your bank????

I set up for it by doing Kane-Isak midweek. Should’ve saved that for this weekend really - made the transfer a couple of hours before they sacked Stellini and thought Man Utd were going to batter them. Cost me 10 points with Kane getting both assists and 3 bonus, while Isak was a sub vs Everton then robbed of an assist by the site when he came on! 

• Like 1

Kepa/Chilwell out Ederson/Trent in for my 2 FTs. 

Puts me on 7 doublers and I might just leave it at that. If I want Salah id have to move Kane and Martinelli out for it to work and take a -8 but I’m just really not sure it’s worth. 

*Could actually bring Shaw in for Zinchenko if I really want another double. 

Edited by Farlz

29 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Kepa/Chilwell out Ederson/Trent in for my 2 FTs. 

Puts me on 7 doublers and I might just leave it at that. If I want Salah id have to move Kane and Martinelli out for it to work and take a -8 but I’m just really not sure it’s worth. 

*Could actually bring Shaw in for Zinchenko if I really want another double. 

I was having a lot of dilemma on who to move Zinchenko for. After all the different ideas I had during the week, went for Akanji but needed to take a -4 to free up enough in the bank to do it with my other move to bring in Rashford. The other option was to not take the -4 and bring in Lindelof or AWB, but my rationale was that I think Akanji would outscore either of those two by more than 4 points over the next two GWs, although of course I've now cursed it and Akanji will be sent off after scoring an OG and hit with a 3 game ban.

34 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so part of my -8 hit was bringing in mac allister. benched. FML

And part of my -4 was transferring out Eze, although he would have been on the bench anyways

• Sad 1