Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

On 14/04/2023 at 08:06, a-k said:

Me up by 40 points in my mini-league looking to go rogue this week instead of safe

72 with 4 to play. Bringing in Eze was huge. The injury to Koulibaly forced me to use my 2nd FT...was debating between Konate/Robertson but in the end went with Dias, so that LEI goal stings a bit...

60 with 2 to play. Inside the top 300k now. 

Top 200k finish is on, and an outside chance of troubling the top 100k. Stunned about that given how bad my start was. 

Finishing on 73. 

Up to 275k. Hopefully tonight’s game won’t hurt that too much. 

If you’d offered me top 300k after the World Cup I’d have snapped your hand off given the position I was in. 

Top 200k is now the minimum target

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Finishing on 73. 

Up to 275k. Hopefully tonight’s game won’t hurt that too much. 

If you’d offered me top 300k after the World Cup I’d have snapped your hand off given the position I was in. 

Top 200k is now the minimum target

just goes to show don't give up if you start badly. so many do

did you just continue to do your thing or did you take some risks to get there?

On 16/04/2023 at 07:38, Stevo985 said:

60 with 2 to play. Inside the top 300k now. 

Top 200k finish is on, and an outside chance of troubling the top 100k. Stunned about that given how bad my start was. 

I was 59 at this point in our head to head with 3 players still to play 

I've ended with 60  , though Harrison plays tonight 

poxy game :) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

just goes to show don't give up if you start badly. so many do

did you just continue to do your thing or did you take some risks to get there?

The opposite to be honest. Up to the World Cup it felt like a template season. Risks weren’t really working and the players that everyone had were doing well.

So after the World Cup I decided to be super boring just to steady the ship and gain some places. But it’s kept working 😂😂

I was planning on taking some risks from about GW30 but I didn’t expect to have recovered so well so I think I’m going to just consolidate from here. If I’m in touching distance of 100-150k going into the last couple of weeks I might gamble to see if I can make it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I was 59 at this point in our head to head with 3 players still to play 

I've ended with 60  , though Harrison plays tonight 

poxy game :) 

He’s capable of a haul but I’d be pretty annoyed 😂

All out on 59 with a current safety score of 60, so a teency red which hopefully won't grow too much this evening. Salah could be a killer.

Free hit time baby 😁

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Salah could be a killer.

I have my fingers crossed for a first minute red card :D 

Though in reality he needs a hat-trick and full bonus for me to drop to third place in ourt money league as this week I went from a 6 point deficit in third to second by with an 18 point margin but my rival has Salah left to play

I ended up on 74 for the week thanks to Kepa coming off the bench with his ludicrous amount of saves. My team certainly rode their luck this week with the Grealish CS too

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Free hit time baby 😁

just done my first draft. it's such a dull team i almost nodded off looking at it. wondering whether to chuck a differential or 2 in there or play safe

i guess a lot depends on how good/crap liverpool's defence looks tonight

4 hours ago, a-k said:

Hope he blanks tonight, but really have to think long and hard (KW.gif) about taking a -4 to move Kane to Salah. Could get in Isak to replace Kane.

Don't need to think about it anymore

Free hitter decisions.

Do you go with Trippier or with Kane? Do you go against one for one week on the basis that one probably negates the other's score. Or just hedge your bets

Do you trust Eze/Olise or Maddison?

Do you bring in Jota, or risk Darwin?

Do you go Trent and Robbo for safer returns or use 3rd Liverpool further forward?

Which 3 Arsenal?

Do you go with Toney? Assuming Watkins is a given in current form.

Is Solanke home to West Ham a good pick?

Maybe Isak or Wilson against a lacklustre Spurs.

I think there are some decent differentials.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Free hitter decisions.

Do you go with Trippier or with Kane? Do you go against one for one week on the basis that one probably negates the other's score. Or just hedge your bets

Do you trust Eze/Olise or Maddison?

Do you bring in Jota, or risk Darwin?

Do you go Trent and Robbo for safer returns or use 3rd Liverpool further forward?

Which 3 Arsenal?

Do you go with Toney? Assuming Watkins is a given in current form.

Is Solanke home to West Ham a good pick?

Maybe Isak or Wilson against a lacklustre Spurs.

I think there are some decent differentials.

on my lunch break and i'm having the exact same conundrums. i've asked myself basically all the same questions. my personal answers are:

Do you go with Trippier yes, i'm scared of his ownership % and i've twice been burned this season leaving him out or with Kane? no, spurs are awful Do you go against one for one week on the basis that one probably negates the other's score. Or just hedge your bets

Do you trust Eze/Olise not massively on board the palace hype train myself. they've done what they need to do and they could be in holiday mode. doesn't help that roy almost certainly won't be manager next season so not like they need to particularly impress him. also this time of year teams down the bottom put in performances and this will be a game everton target or Maddison? i'm probably giving him a chance - he played well vs city

Do you bring in Jota, or risk Darwin? no...potential risk of not starting too.

Do you go Trent yes and Robbo no - not as attacking lately for safer returns or use 3rd Liverpool further forward? i'm considering gakpo as my 3rd liverpool. at the moment i have TAA, salah and allison. if we get early arsenal team news that says one of my 3 midfielders isn't starting then i'll do whomever that is to gakpo...might bring him in anyway instead of maddison

Which 3 Arsenal? i'm doing the 3 midfielders mainly because knowing my luck whichever i leave out will be the one that scores the points

Do you go with Toney? Assuming Watkins is a given in current form. at the moment i have both. i think there will be goals in this game...but toney is still a ? for me. i might look for a differential instead

Is Solanke home to West Ham a good pick? bournemouth are so inconsistent. it would be very, very typical for them to lose at the weekend. and solanke has been largely poor this season

Maybe Isak or Wilson against a lacklustre Spurs. neither are a nailed on starter so they're both a no from me

I think there are some decent differentials. moreno definitely...whilst i think there will be goals so good chance of no clean sheet, i think he offers a real attacking threat for us. with us playing on tuesday and a decent replacement, there's a chance of a sub before brentford score

• Like 1

I'm not on FH but I'm bored so I quickly put this together:

Ramsdale

White Trent Trippier

Martinelli Eze Bowen Maddison Salah

Watkins Jota

Bench: Iversen Isak Guehi Mings

0.3 left in the bank based on my budget