Starfield

hogso

I'm a sucker for a flashy presentation..so ordered the constellation edition for PC  ...get a watch, patches and a few other bits 249 quid!  (pre order @Game online now)

(i also did this with Fallout 4 and the pip boy)

I've played everything Bethesda has made, including the mobile Fallout Shelter game on mobile. This looks ace, and I'm massively bummed out that it will not be on PS5. 

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

I've played everything Bethesda has made, including the mobile Fallout Shelter game on mobile. This looks ace, and I'm massively bummed out that it will not be on PS5. 

If you have a laptop or a pc, or even a TV that has the app, then subscribe to GeForcenow and play it. It will run twice as good on there as it will on the Xbox consoles. 

The more I see of it, the more I think it's going to be No Man's Sky with an Elite: Dangerous aesthetic and an actual narrative.  At least I hope so, that'd be enough for me.

I am so hyped for being able to build your own spaceship.

10 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

If you have a laptop or a pc, or even a TV that has the app, then subscribe to GeForcenow and play it. It will run twice as good on there as it will on the Xbox consoles. 

My PC is not really set up for that sort of gaming. I can generally run decent spec games, but my office is not really a place for a long gaming sesh. 

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

My PC is not really set up for that sort of gaming. I can generally run decent spec games, but my office is not really a place for a long gaming sesh. 

That's the purpose of GFN. You can stream it on a 15 year old crappy laptop as long as you have decent internet. You are streaming from a server using a top range PC doing all the hard work for you. As I said earlier on in the thread, I used the basic free version of this to try it out and I could barely tell the difference. 

20 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

If it wasn't for Game Pass i'd be tempted to do this myself. 30fps is shite.  I'd have liked a 1080p/60fps version option on consoles :( 

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, PieFacE said:

If it wasn't for Game Pass i'd be tempted to do this myself. 30fps is shite. 

They've just announced that Game pass games are coming to GFN, so you'd just have to pay the subscription fee to the service, and login to your Game pass. Microsoft have their own Xcloud service included in Game pass but it's being streamed from a Series X instead of a PC, and from what I've used of it the input lag is pretty horrendous. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

That's the purpose of GFN. You can stream it on a 15 year old crappy laptop as long as you have decent internet. You are streaming from a server using a top range PC doing all the hard work for you. As I said earlier on in the thread, I used the basic free version of this to try it out and I could barely tell the difference. 

Is that any good? I have tried game streaming before, and I've always had latency and graphic resolution dropout issues. My broadband should be plenty fast enough for it, but I've always struggled. I never use the game streaming option on PSN for instance. I tried it once or twice but the experience was crap. 

Just now, villarule123 said:

They've just announced that Game pass games are coming to GFN, so you'd just have to pay the subscription fee to the service, and login to your Game pass. Microsoft have their own Xcloud service included in Game pass but it's being streamed from a Series X instead of a PC, and from what I've used of it the input lag is pretty horrendous. 

Oh wow I didn't know that! That could be ideal, thanks! 

Watch this video. You're basically paying £18 a month for one of most powerful PCs you can get. It has everything a normal PC has, 4K, 120fps, ray tracing etc. Obviously you need a monitor that supports it too. 

I would stop upgrading my PC if you could add your whole Steam library to it, which I think/hope it's where it will end up heading. Being able to play your Game Pass games on it is a big step in the right direction, there was a limited amount of games on it before that. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Giro said:

I really wanna play this, wish it was coming to ps5.

i presume it will run like garbage on a series s?

The games director, Todd Howard, has stated that he has played the game on his Series S more than on his Series X because in his words, "the kids keep kicking me off the Series X at home". So, unless he's lying, the game seems to run just as well as it does on Series X, just at a lower resolution. I think he's telling the truth as well because Starfield is primarily taxing on the CPU, and both Series X and S have the same CPU.

• 1 month later...
On 06/07/2023 at 23:19, Daweii said:

The games director, Todd Howard, has stated that he has played the game on his Series S more than on his Series X because in his words, "the kids keep kicking me off the Series X at home". So, unless he's lying, the game seems to run just as well as it does on Series X, just at a lower resolution. I think he's telling the truth as well because Starfield is primarily taxing on the CPU, and both Series X and S have the same CPU.

Man worth $15 million can only afford one Series X, sure.

I would play Starfield but unless geforcenow comes to my smart TV I wouldn't as only have a ps5. Also I don't really want to support Microsoft's shitty practices

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, hogso said:

Bethesda are withholding review copies of this. Either they want to patch it before reviewers play it or....it's pure dog. 

They have sent out hundreds of review codes.

They didn't send one to Eurogamer, but that's likely because their new rating system would tank the Metacritic if they gave it a 3/5, but not because a 3/5 is bad, but because Metacritic sees a 3/5 as a 60/100 on their backend. 

The Guardian and Metro also didn't get review codes, but they're also both platforms that use the 5 point system. 

I don't think there is anything particularly shady going on outside of Bethesda avoiding the review sites that have a system that is overly punishing due to Metacritic being broken. 

Edited by Daweii

There are loads of people playing it for review now. You can find some impressions already.

It's a Bethesda game so it's going to release rough. Which means it's going to get some harsh review scores. Which will **** the metascores. So they've dodged some outlets.

What a sad state of affairs that they have so little faith in their game that they feel the need to dodge certain reviewers and / or are frit of metacritic scores. 

Â