Starfield

hogso

Seeing as it's just had it's premiere gameplay reveal on the Xbox Bethesda thing, release date currently due in 2023 

Starfield = No Man's Sky x Skyrim x Cyberpunk 

Around 1000 fully explorable planets is pretty cool, and generous seeming as it appears to have a proper story line. 

That's certainly a danger isn't it. Mass Effect got it right for me, the odd explorable planet, or base on a planet here and there. 

There are things they could do to avoid certain issues, like some sort of fast travel system that puts you in high altitude slightly away from where you need to be just so you fly down and land...I'm sure some people would lap that up, but not everyone. I mean, how many people play Elder Scrolls games and never fast travel? 

Read people criticising the graphics. I get that if you’re comparing to state of the art but for a Bethesda game it looks lovely. I’d be interested in seeing a good chunk of proper uninterrupted gameplay in 4K though. 

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Looks really really good. No idea how it will perform on consoles though, I suspect not very well. 

I might have to upgrade my pc for this one. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint this time like when I built one for Cyberpunk.. Although I've heard that game has improved a lot now, and the expansion they showed tonight looked great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

I might have to upgrade my pc for this one. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint this time like when I built one for Cyberpunk.. Although I've heard that game has improved a lot now, and the expansion they showed tonight looked great. 

Supposedly GeForce Now is getting all the Xbox game pass games as part of its service, so that might be the path I go down to play Starfield. I tried out Counter Strike on the basic service and could barely notice the difference with a mouse and keyboard, the premium service uses a 4080 card at much higher settings. 

Â