Starfield

hogso

• 3 weeks later...

Just ran into my second game-breaking bug, am now locked out of progressing both the main questline and the one remaining faction questline I had to do.  None of the troubleshooting online that has worked for some people seems to be working for me.

This game is ass and I would be livid if I'd paid full whack for it.

21 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Just ran into my second game-breaking bug, am now locked out of progressing both the main questline and the one remaining faction questline I had to do.  None of the troubleshooting online that has worked for some people seems to be working for me.

This game is ass and I would be livid if I'd paid full whack for it.

It's called value for money. Now you get to go back to the start and try it all over again. What other piece of media costs you a penny per hour consumed. You ungrateful swine.

I was considering getting it but I think I'll wait. The waiting to buy it is also good value.

• Haha 1

I put 2-3 hours into it just to see what it was like, went back to BG3 and completely forgot the game existed until this thread got bumped, have no real interest in going back to it, which is a bit odd ad I must have put 500+ hours into Skyrim and FO:NV/FO4. Just something very dull about what I saw

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really struggling to understand the digipik minigame in this. It just feels random... Am I suppose to make sure every single slot is filled on every ring using the different keys? Or what? Whenever I think I've cracked it I can't progress past the next ring despite making sure that the other keys line up...

On 03/11/2023 at 12:17, DeadlyDirk said:

I'm really struggling to understand the digipik minigame in this. It just feels random... Am I suppose to make sure every single slot is filled on every ring using the different keys? Or what? Whenever I think I've cracked it I can't progress past the next ring despite making sure that the other keys line up...

Basically needs to look deeper into the ring (Kenneth gif) , and plan ahead what you will need to the next set. Or if you skill up on lockpicking the correction selection should be in dark blue colour, not the pale blue. If that makes sense

@DeadlyDirk skill up lockpicking ASAP and stock up on lockpicks every time you're at a vendor (they're in frustratingly scant supply in the wild); when you're fully levelled you can start using auto-slots (these regenerate over time) and spending picks to quickly eliminate the unused options, makes it slightly more tolerable but even then it's still a tediously awful, overly time-consuming minigame (and half the time the loot drops from it are a feckin' joke anyway).  Genuinely, by the time you get towards end game levels, you're almost better off ignoring anything locked and going with enemy loot drops.  And never spend picks to go back steps, if you've messed up a puzzle then back out of it completely as you'll only lose the one pick for retrying the lock completely and the whole puzzle itself will refresh, usually to an easier variant.

Also whilst you're at those vendors pick up as much Adhesive and Titanium as they're selling, they tend to be the resources you run out of quickest when trying to upgrade your gear.

Seriously, out of all the bad stuff in this game, the lockpicking is the thing that can get absolutely **** the most, by the time you get your head around it (and don't worry, you will get your head around it, it's not particularly taxing) you'll see it for the horribly shite game-padding mechanic it is.  I don't think a game has ever respected my time less than Starfield, to be honest.

Edited by GarethRDR

Â