Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Gerrard won't be here at Christmas.

True. Probably be coming home from The World Cup along with the football world around then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Which is why he cost £17 mill rather than £117 mill . As we saw on Sunday the guy still has loads left to give. That first touch before the goal was something no other Villa player that has gone before him was capable of doing in my opinion.  Yes we will not get prime Coutinho but we will still get moments like that on a regular basis. 

The problem is the moments, we dont know when we will get them. I dont have a Coutinho problem I still believe him and Buendia can play together 

My point was that some still believe he is an elite player. He has the moments and we will love it but thats gone long term

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Because of your personal opinions & agenda you’ve purposely missed the point and tried to turn it into a negative - like most of your views at present - fair enough that’s your right of view.

But my point was/is that signing 29 YO + players    Isn’t an issue this summer when we have such an abundance of potential academy players who can step up in a couple of seasons - when these somewhat maligned 29 years old will be 32 / 33 … 

I have one agenda and thats that Villa is doing well

If you are offended by my agenda that we hired an unqualified shit Neil Lennon then I am sorry you dont care about Villa as much as me 🤔😉

11 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

You are such a bunch of sad sacks it actually ruins a lot of fun about being a fan especially this forum. There are no certainties in football - the club are giving it a red hot go and that is something to be excited about.

ALL of this. ( Out of reactions, as usual )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Why have about 2 posters all of a sudden become interested and so hung up on age and resale value… This isn’t being built on quick sand like the Lerner years. Bottom to the top no expanse has been spared to build a platform for future success.

Imagine what Bogarde, Smith, Feeney, Swinkels can learn from Carlos (and poss Tarkowski & Mings,) as they progress through to the first team hopefully over the 2/3 seasons. Coinciding with the fact that they’ll slowly need  replacing  one by one and the  plan being to have ready made replacements in line to step up. 

Singing experienced and better quality players like Carlos is a no brainer. he is exactly what we need ! 

So stoked and proud to be a Villa fan right now ! 

Fixed that for you. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Can you lot shut the f**k up and be happy for 5 minutes? You are such a bunch of sad sacks it actually ruins a lot of fun about being a fan especially this forum. There are no certainties in football - the club are giving it a red hot go and that is something to be excited about.

WELCOME CARLOS

SIGN ALL OF THE PLAYERS!

You tell them they havent a clue and shut up

He is not a Gerrardbot

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

Can you lot shut the f**k up and be happy for 5 minutes? You are such a bunch of sad sacks it actually ruins a lot of fun about being a fan especially this forum. There are no certainties in football - the club are giving it a red hot go and that is something to be excited about.

WELCOME CARLOS

SIGN ALL OF THE PLAYERS!

Hear, hear.

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This made me chuckle way more than it probably should have. Lol

Is Fassbinder an actual name?

It's not only an actual name, he's a very famous movie director - as are Fellini and Tarkovsky. 

• Shocked 1

Wes Edens went from $1.1billion to about $4.4billion in a few months (check Forbes) so flipping a $5-10million profit on a few soccer players lol. 

They’re obviously trying to get European football by season’s end and maybe win a trophy with these signings so that we can start to generate more revenue with the European football. The academy hopefully will start to bear fruit financially in a few seasons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I am not saying Diego Carlos is a bad signing but him, Coutinho, Digne maybe Suarez they wont all age well 

Coutinho denial is very worrying if honest. He is fine but i think the hype is a bit much, he isnt the player he was before 

No idea really what your point is, but if you are saying Coutinho isn't good enough for the Villa squad, I wonder if I am picking up just a slight whiff of delusion here?

20 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

No idea really what your point is, but if you are saying Coutinho isn't good enough for the Villa squad, I wonder if I am picking up just a slight whiff of delusion here?

While I think a lot of what Zat says is, let's call it, excessive, I tend to agree with him about Coutinho. He's a good player, but he's still talked about as if he's the player he was his last few years at Liverpool. He isn't. Now he's a talented, but mercurial player. When he's playing well, it's thrilling to watch, but there are too many uninspiring spells. To be clear, I'm not saying Coutinho is bad. I think he's quite good, I just wish he was more consistent.

Then again, I can say that abour 90% of the team. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

While I think a lot of what Zat says is, let's call it, excessive, I tend to agree with him about Coutinho. He's a good player, but he's still talked about as if he's the player he was his last few years at Liverpool. He isn't. Now he's a talented, but mercurial player. When he's playing well, it's thrilling to watch, but there are too many uninspiring spells. To be clear, I'm not saying Coutinho is bad. I think he's quite good, I just wish he was more consistent.

Then again, I can say that abour 90% of the team. 😂

Coutinho will thrive with more of the ball and better players around him. There is no doubt from both watching the 2 players we have bought so far and considering their stats that we will be having more of the ball next season. Cannot wait to see these players next season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â