Liverpool vs Real Madrid (ticketing "allocation"........"problems") - to put it nicely

MaVilla

I thought this was pretty shocking, but also not surprising, unfortunately.

Football is really on a downward spiral, yes it might be going on a current upwards trajectory financially, but at the expense of the actual fans, but the short-termism in terms of money grabbing, protection of big clubs etc, i think even though the money is increasing, i think it spells a long term decline if this continues, as the long term fan base will decrease due to the terrible decisions being made. (it might not....but it should if it continues like this).

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has questioned why almost half the tickets for the Champions League final against Real Madrid are not allocated to the clubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/61354435

Guest av1

So as a fan of about 30yrs, a season ticket holder for about 15, if Villa ever got to a European final I’d struggle to get a ticket. And even if I could I’d probably not be able to afford it. 

Well done football. rocket polishers. 

It has been like this for years, it is the same in every competition...but is that any reason not to call it out? Prominent managers and players shaming the greedy FAs is a good thing, IMO

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It has been like this for years, it is the same in every competition...but is that any reason not to call it out? Prominent managers and players shaming the greedy FAs is a good thing, IMO

No

But yes when the same clubs, managers and player then shamelessly take the money from those sponsors 

If klopp doesn't want Sony executives and pals to get tickets to the final then don't take the £80m prize money

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Its OK to call it out but Roma are offering some season ticket holders free tickets to their final... why is that not mentioned as thats the good side of football

These Spirit of Shankly clearings in the woods think they are some higher moral power

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Klopp only cares about things when they affect him - that's it, that's what he is.

And then Liverpool fans get uppity because what he's saying is for the good of everyone apparently 

• Like 2

God, there's so much nonsense in this thread due to hatred of Liverpool/their fans :D

It's appalling the way these finals are treated, and completely correct that it's called out.  Hopefully a Real Madrid fan group has done the same?

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

God, there's so much nonsense in this thread due to hatred of Liverpool/their fans :D

It's appalling the way these finals are treated, and completely correct that it's called out.  Hopefully a Real Madrid fan group has done the same?

How is this final different from any other? 

UEFA give too many tickets to their sponsors, those sponsors give too much money to UEFA, would Liverpool (or any other team) give their prize money from those sponsors back in exchange for more tickets? Would they ****

Klopp will have a moan about it though because klopp has a moan about everything whilst getting himself some easy "one of us" points from their fans 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How is this final different from any other? 

UEFA give too many tickets to their sponsors, those sponsors give too much money to UEFA, would Liverpool (or any other team) give their prize money from those sponsors back in exchange for more tickets? Would they ****

Klopp will have a moan about it though because klopp has a moan about everything whilst getting himself some easy "one of us" points from their fans 

But the point isn’t about getting less prize money, it’s about having a full allocation of fans (both sets of supporters).

To go off on that tangent is bizarre - of course a football club isn’t going to say “nah you’re alright UEFA, keep that money”.  If anything that would just make the situation worse!

Â