Match Thread: Burnley v Villa

limpid

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It's a welcome conumdrum to have. But on balance Gerrard got the shape and selection right.

He has. Tbh unless we are definitely signing Coutinho in the summer I'd rather just leave him out now.

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I see us playing like this and remember that we have lost to Watford twice (who are arguably the second worst team in the league) and I think to myself…where would we be if we hadn’t lost stupid games like that! 

thats where we have to improve next season, same for the games against Brentford, had the draw at VP followed by the loss as their place with the late goal. lots of points dropped

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

I wonder if Carney gets some minutes now, if not then I guess that’s a big sign he’s definitely off.

To be fair, I’d rather he buggered off. It’s quite clear he doesn’t want to be here and his head has been turned by the big time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

thats where we have to improve next season, same for the games against Brentford, had the draw at VP followed by the loss as their place with the late goal. lots of points dropped

Agreed. I was at the home game V Brentford and we were frustratingly poor! Although, on the flip side, we had a lot of players out that day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I see us playing like this and remember that we have lost to Watford twice (who are arguably the second worst team in the league) and I think to myself…where would we be if we hadn’t lost stupid games like that! 

Well if we had won both games we would be in 8th with a game in hand on West Ham (3 points behind them) and (probably) a similar goal difference.

Edited by allani
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Both of the Watford games, Brentford away, Wolves at home (shudder) are particularly galling. 

Thats 12 points right there. We'd be 7th. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

To be fair, I’d rather he buggered off. It’s quite clear he doesn’t want to be here and his head has been turned by the big time. 

Its not clear at all, that's just the negativity surrounding him 

• Like 1