• Shocked 1

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Erm.

Just saw Wes Eden's at Chelsea?

Or does the new bloke look the same in sunglasses? Same hair etc?

Don’t worry mate, they’re our feeder club from next season. 👍

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

We have so little possession for two reasons: 1) Because our CM are cowards and go missing, I've barely noticed McGinn today as he;'s barely touched the ball; and 2) we revert to hoofball when we're winning instead of trying to keep the ball. 

When we do try to keep the ball we usually put ourselves in trouble because we pass around our 18 yard box instead of getting the ball into pockets in the midfield.

We also are playing with two strikers meaning we have less options in midfield. We also struggle to pass the ball out from the back, when faced with a high press.

Need to put this to bed now. Konsa looked great until those stupid mistakes, also wish he’d stop lumping it up the pitch back to burnley. Same with Mings I wish he’d try and keep possession a bit more. Could see us getting more comfortable as the half went on. McNeill looks a player 

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

We also need to play differently. Doesn’t matter what midfielders we have if every goalkick ends at Burnley’s central defenders, for a start.

Chicken and egg.  I think part of the reason our keeper / defenders play so many long balls is that we don't control the middle of the pitch.  Put in a couple of midfielders who can get the ball, keep the ball and then do something with the ball and hopefully we'll give them the ball more often.  Our current midfield seem to panic if they still have the ball after 5 seconds and either make a sloppy pass, try to take someone on in the wrong part of the pitch or look for a Hollywood pass / shot.

• Like 1

As happy as I feel right now it’s only job half done. If the last decade plus of supporting Villa have taught me one thing it’s not to get too confident. There’s still 45 minutes to go. Hopefully Buendia gets 2 more in the second half. 

I think it's been noticeable that with Luiz further forward we've struggled to play the ball out form the back, we need to find a way to keep possession when our keeper has it.

I think Ings touch, Digne's positioning, Buendia's spark and Luiz's passing have been our strengths and Watkins is doing a good job of working the Burnley back line, he's been physically excellent even when his touch hasn't quite been there.

We're okay. I think we're capable of taking this game away form them.

Next goal will be key.

• Like 2

Just now, Philosopher said:

We also are playing with two strikers meaning we have less options in midfield. We also struggle to pass the ball out from the back, when faced with a high press.

And today we rarely even try to play out. Long goalkicks is instant lost possession.

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Need to put this to bed now. Konsa looked great until those stupid mistakes, also wish he’d stop lumping it up the pitch back to burnley. Same with Mings I wish he’d try and keep possession a bit more. Could see us getting more comfortable as the half went on. McNeill looks a player 

He had a couple of huge clanger a game or 2 ago as well didn't he? Luckily never cost us at the time as well.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Erm.

Just saw Wes Eden's at Chelsea?

Or does the new bloke look the same in sunglasses? Same hair etc?

He could well be there, the Boehly consortium has a lot of Americans involved and also those from a private equity background, the same as Edens. He might be there as a potential investor or just to mix with people in that industry, it is a small one and most of them will know eachother

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

25m? The valuations back then were more like 40m. Crazy thing is, some of us thought we should still paid that money to get him.

Actually yeah I remember that, 40m is more mental too. Crazy. Maybe £25m was a 'what if we could get him for that?'

Puts Coutinho into context too. £33m for Coutinho, even if inconsistent is a potential steal in this market. As long as Gerrard manages it properly and doesn't just play him regardless of form.

Him playing Buendia today gives me hope he could get it right more often next year.

We have no pressure on us i can see us picking them off 2 or 3 times in the second half and winning by a convincing scoreline and then well see Burnley become more and more frustrated and get a man sent off