vs Man Utd in Perth (July 23rd)

It looks like we're playing a sort of weird 4-2-1-1-1 system to which we're adding Bailey who isn't involved in the system and can play wherever he feels like.

I mean, who knows, perhaps that's managerial genius at work.

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

This commentator is the perfect example of how opposition fans view Mcginn vrs a lot of villa fans

Guess they see him as a machine? I think we scapegoat him a lot on here imo.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think SG is going to have to have some Bollox and drop Coutinho , start with Bailey and Buendia somehow come season

It's my worry with Countinho. I don't think he's our best player or potentially even in our best 11. Which sounds crazy. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It looks like we're playing a sort of weird 4-2-1-1-1 system to which we're adding Bailey who isn't involved in the system and can play wherever he feels like.

I mean, who knows, perhaps that's managerial genius at work.

Whisper it mate.

Just now, DCJonah said:

It's my worry with Countinho. I don't think he's our best player or potentially even in our best 11. Which sounds crazy. 

I think this is why I'm so desperate to see a 4-3-3 work, it'd give us room to fit in Coutinho and Buendia... in an ideal world anyway.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Are we watching a different game? I thought he was good in the first half. Probably would’ve done even better in the 11 had Gerrard started with it.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Remember that run of games of Coutinho doing absolutely nothing, finally being rested for Buendia to come in and be MotM, then walking straight back into the team for the next game? :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I do think we will need the composure of Archer to bury a chance for us and get us at least a draw which would be a good result all things considered. Leon is looking rapid today aswell, whatever he has done over the summer training wise has worked wonders!

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Buendia is in the middle, so unless Watkins is playing left wing it must be the formation. He’s playing the channel much better than Ings did though

To me it looks like Watkin drifts wide and central. Buendia is staying central and Bailey is playing like a right winger. 

Â