Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

16 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Apparently this is how its explained. Anyone else would have gone bust after how they’ve been run since that day they lost Neymar

Barca have a wonderful way of buying players for 50-150million and not actually paying for them. They still owe 100s and 100s of millions on transfer fees. I read they still owe Liverpool 30million for Coutinho.  Will come back to seriously bite them in the future as clubs just won't allow their players to go there. Leeds are desperate to sell Raphina elsewhere, Bayern are saying Barca need to pay upfront for Lewandowski.

Their latest wheeze of selling on rights to future revenues is gross, and shouldn't be allowed. Either the league won't consider it when evaluating their finances - in which case they're leveraging their future as a club for no gain - or the league will allow it, in which case they are implicitly banking on a bailout from financial institutions in the future, as there is no way their depredated future incomes will cover their standard level of costs and they clearly have no intention of accepting reality and setting sensible budgets for a few years.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Barca have a wonderful way of buying players for 50-150million and not actually paying for them. They still owe 100s and 100s of millions on transfer fees. I read they still owe Liverpool 30million for Coutinho.  Will come back to seriously bite them in the future as clubs just won't allow their players to go there. Leeds are desperate to sell Raphina elsewhere, Bayern are saying Barca need to pay upfront for Lewandowski.

Problem is the players are always throwing tantrums or faking injuries to go there like Coutinho did and now Lewandowski is

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Problem is the players are always throwing tantrums or faking injuries to go there like Coutinho did and now Lewandowski is

Ronaldinho, Auba, Malcom and so on and so on.

33 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think that might be because he's crap.

In recent years I can't think of a PL winger who has been more of an enigma.  Opposition fans are terrified of him but he so rarely delivers anything of note.

He is an absolute freak / world class athlete with average footballing abilities.

I think he has similar problems to sterling but traore is far worse

He drops deep wanting the ball to feet and then to turn and take a man on buts he's not good enough a footballer to do that 

Play it behind the defender and let his athleticism and speed take over and he's got the defender on toast 

Traore has zero concept of anticipating a ball being played in to a space and him using his speed to get there 

• Like 1

Transfermarket have that deal down as 19m€

Romagnoli signed for lazio

Wijndal to ajax for 10m, that's an interesting one for that fee, I'm sure a fair few FM / FIFA players wanted him in the PL

Rey Manaj to Watford from barca 

Macheda to ankaragucu crazy that he's still only 30

Hickey and Lewis-Potter, thats 2 astute signings for Brentford that will definitely improve their first 11 right there. Some of the smaller London clubs such as Palace and Brentford are very good at getting value in the transfer market

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

So the £55m deal of Raphinha to Barcelona is pretty much done.

How can anyone compete with the “bigger” clubs when one of them can be £1bn in debt but still be able to spend a load of money on new players?

How has FFP allowed them to get in this position as I’m sure it can’t all be attributed to covid.

The sooner these clubs **** off to whatever wanky super league will be cooked up next, the better.

They should have been booted from domestic leagues. All of them.

Too late now, they'll get people with brains to manage it for them now it's out. It was a load of clueless execs with a threat and no practical thinking before.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

How can anyone compete with the “bigger” clubs when one of them can be £1bn in debt but still be able to spend a load of money on new players?

How has FFP allowed them to get in this position as I’m sure it can’t all be attributed to covid.

Barca and Real are backed by government/royal family. Basically that means the rules don't apply to them. Worst case the government will bail them out just like what happened when Real sold their old training ground.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Worse than all this, I'm confident 2 years from now you'll hear about us taking them to court because they haven't paid for anything more than his flight to Barcelona.

Its OK, Red Bull Leipzig will probably be in the same courtroom looking for the Augustin money 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â