Euro 2028 UK & Ireland

Demitri_C

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Greece will be part of the Saudi bid to make people a bit more relaxed over it all

The fact that the saudis will pile a few billion in to greek stadiums in order to buy a world cup should actually do the opposite

I think that was the 2030 bid which was Saudi Greece and Egypt. Yesterdays bid for 2034 was a solo Saudi bid

• Like 1

On 23/03/2022 at 08:55, The Fun Factory said:

It would be great to have the south american teams in the euros. 24 european teams + 8 south american ones. Most of the players play in Europe so would be easy for them. It would be of a better standard than the copa america- every time I try to watch some of that I am amazed on how poor it is.

One of the worst things I’ve ever read on here 😂

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And the headline I saw after a quick Google says turkey withdraw to focus on a 2032 joint bid with italy

Its a farce now

Edit - reading the article it says that UEFA favour our bid as they want to recoup the money lost for the corona hit 2020 tournament... Says it all

Uefa execs love their weekend jollies in London. It's why after all the issues with the Euros final there would going to be no long term repercussions, Wembley is yet again hosting the CL final end of the season.

If it was up to Uefa they'd just be happy if the Euros was hosted solely in London.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Greece will be part of the Saudi bid to make people a bit more relaxed over it all

The fact that the saudis will pile a few billion in to greek stadiums in order to buy a world cup should actually do the opposite

1st i have heard of that? I cant see greece bidding any time soon

So we got it then.

I remember Euro 96, it was brilliant, especially the Dutch fans in Brum.

I went to the Holland v Scotland game at Villa Park and the Scotland v England game at Wembley.

I guess tickets will be harder to get hold of now than back in the day as football is a different beast now.  I urge anyone who it thinking of it to try and get a ticket though.  Great fun.

A mate of mine planned the whole tournament so he could fit in the maximum number of games possible to watch regardless of who the teams were.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So we got it then.

I remember Euro 96, it was brilliant, especially the Dutch fans in Brum.

I went to the Holland v Scotland game at Villa Park and the Scotland v England game at Wembley.

I guess tickets will be harder to get hold of now than back in the day as football is a different beast now.  I urge anyone who it thinking of it to try and get a ticket though.  Great fun.

A mate of mine planned the whole tournament so he could fit in the maximum number of games possible to watch regardless of who the teams were.

the ticket portal for 2024 is live now

they give a % to fans of each team

they then do the rest via a draw, so you go on now, you declare what team you follow, you then pick which city on which dates you want, so me being near frankfurt i pick 5 frankfurt dates, you then pick which ticket category you want A (200 euro) B (150) C (60) or D (30) and it has a traffic light system to tell you where the demand is (the D games were reserved for fans of the countries first) so i register for a load of tickets, the portal closes 26th october, i think the draw is then 2nd december, if i "win" the draw i get to buy tickets for group 2 team A vs team C in frankurt on a tuesday afternoon, then they do the draw with the qualified teams and you find out who A and C are

same set up with france 2016, i won tickets to 4 games in lyon / st etienne, ended up getting a ticket to england vs slovakia (slovenia??) me and my mate went nuts watching the draw....worst game of football i've seen in my life

so basically if they did the same you'd just register for all the VP games and then see who gets drawn there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

So England get 6 out 7 games at home in the 2021 Euro's and then they get the 2028 Euro's. That's nice from UEFA.

Did them a favour in 2021, albeit we then made a hash of hosting the final.

I can only imagine if they had any other option for 2028 they'd have gone with it 😂

8 hours ago, sne said:

So England get 6 out 7 games at home in the 2021 Euro's and then they get the 2028 Euro's. That's nice from UEFA.

You'd like to think England might decide to venture out of the capital this time but not holding my breath.

Depends on winning the eventual group I assume unless they'll be no last 16 game scheduled for Wembley. Actually if it's U.K bid then makes sense to have the SFs at Cardiff and then one of Dublin/Glasgow.

49 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Seeing a lot of Leeds fans on social media that absolutely cannot believe that Leeds (Elland Road) hasn't been chosen, especially over Birmingham (Villa Park).

Elland Road is a complete dump from the outside. Got that huge two tiered stand but the other three are pretty basic. Certainly won't be extending to 50k + unless they can establish themselves back in prem for 4-5 years like we've done.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Seeing a lot of Leeds fans on social media that absolutely cannot believe that Leeds (Elland Road) hasn't been chosen, especially over Birmingham (Villa Park).

Forget the fact that our stadium is bigger, forget that it's better, forget that it's smack bang in the centre of the country, forget everything between the 2 clubs, forget that VP is historically a more famous ground in English football having hosted FA Cup semi finals etc for years, forget anything you want...

We have better corporate facilities than them

Let's be honest as to what UEFA from us

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

The ground is not good enough but they have a point that a large section of the country has no host ground from the east midlands up to Yorkshire. That is about 10 million people.  The whole island of Ireland population is less than 7 million and they are getting two host cities, one of which hasn't even got the funding lined up for a redeveloped stadium.  In 1996 they had 3 grounds- the city ground, Hillsborough, and elland road. Unfortunately, none of them have had any development since. Had it just been an England bid I would have suspected that one of  Leceister, Derby, Boro,  or Sunderland would have been chosen.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The ground is not good enough but they have a point that a large section of the country has no host ground from the east midlands up to Yorkshire. That is about 10 million people.  The whole island of Ireland population is less than 7 million and they are getting two host cities, one of which hasn't even got the funding lined up for a redeveloped stadium.  In 1996 they had 3 grounds- the city ground, Hillsborough, and elland road. Unfortunately, none of them have had any development since. Had it just been an England bid I would have suspected that one of  Leceister, Derby, Boro,  or Sunderland would have been chosen.

I think the reason is they have opted for the bigger capacity stadiums. Of yorkshire had a 45-50k stadium im sure they would have had one.  Sty james is over 50k so that's why it was chosen for example

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the reason is they have opted for the bigger capacity stadiums. Of yorkshire had a 45-50k stadium im sure they would have had one.  Sty james is over 50k so that's why it was chosen for example

Casement Park, if ever built, will be less than 40k. This is a purely political choice to have games in Northern Ireland.  Personally, I have doubts that will be actually built and Windsor Park would be far too small for games.

Â