Euro 2028 UK & Ireland

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Hope the final is at Wembley, I like the idea that anyone can rock up and get in whether they can afford a ticket or not.

Tbf (I can't believe I'm putting that prefix on anything related to this) I don't think that would have happened if there wasn't prior knowledge of 25,000 empty seats in there.  

Wouldn't have stopped the absolute knobbish behaviour all round London mind.

Edited by Wainy316

Ibrox and Celtic park are  actually better stadiums than Hampden but I guess the SFA wouldn't admit that in any bid. Aberdeen were talking about a new ground but I don't think it would be 30, more like 25k. St Marys could be a choice if they want a southern ground not in London, as that would cover a large (and well-off) catchment area.

59 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Ibrox and Celtic park are  actually better stadiums than Hampden but I guess the SFA wouldn't admit that in any bid. Aberdeen were talking about a new ground but I don't think it would be 30, more like 25k. St Marys could be a choice if they want a southern ground not in London, as that would cover a large (and well-off) catchment area.

Ibrox and Celtic Park wont be picked for political reasons either. Scotland would probably ask for Murrayfield to be involved 

Old Trafford might be at risk, the stadium has not been well maintained in the last 10 years or so 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ibrox and Celtic Park wont be picked for political reasons either. Scotland would probably ask for Murrayfield to be involved 

Old Trafford might be at risk, the stadium has not been well maintained in the last 10 years or so 

Both were used for the Commonwealths?

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Both were used for the Commonwealths?

As both were used. I dont think Scotland will get that many stadiums for the Euros and will probably have Hampden and Murrayfield involved so if they get 3 they wont choose one over the other so best option would probably be to reject both

Maybe I am wrong but has Scotland ever played at Ibrox or Celtic Park 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As both were used. I dont think Scotland will get that many stadiums for the Euros and will probably have Hampden and Murrayfield involved so if they get 3 they wont choose one over the other so best option would probably be to reject both

Maybe I am wrong but has Scotland ever played at Ibrox or Celtic Park 

They must have done a few times when they rebuilt Hampden.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

They must have done a few times when they rebuilt Hampden.

Just looking they both hosted Euro 2016 qualifiers but less than 40 games between them

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'd imagine it will be around 12 stadiums used

Wembley, Spurs Stadium, Old Trafford, Anfield, Villa Park, St James Park, Cardiff, Swansea, Hampden Park, Murrayfield maybe?, Windsor Park, Lansdowne Road.

You must keep in mind that by 2028 we will probably see a 64 team tournament with invites for USA or Australia, so we might need a few extra stadiums ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well England fans and the English have 6 years to learn not to become horrible vile xenophobic pricks. Good luck. I have zero hope and am not looking forward to us making words removed of ourselves on the international stage…again…

Speaking as an (ashamed) Englishman btw. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Wembley, Spurs Stadium, Old Trafford, Anfield, Villa Park, St James Park, Cardiff, Swansea, Hampden Park, Murrayfield maybe?, Windsor Park, Lansdowne Road.

Principality stadium surely will make the cut even if Wales don't play games there anymore, ironic that they'd probably choose Cardiff ground but sure UEFA would want that stadium for Quarter or even SF.

Whilst I have virtually zero interest in the England team and the last one didn't exactly go brilliant with stuff like Wembley being stormed, I'm hopeful Southgate might just have gone by then. 

My son will also be about 10 or 11 at this point and this would likely be the first tournament he really understands (maybe 2026) and it would be great for him with it being hosted here. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spoony said:

Well England fans and the English have 6 years to learn not to become horrible vile xenophobic pricks. Good luck. I have zero hope and am not looking forward to us making words removed of ourselves on the international stage…again…

Speaking as an (ashamed) Englishman btw. 

INGERLAND, INGERLAND, INGERLAAAAAAND

10 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I think Croke Park will be involved somewhere. UEFA were impressed by the facilities previously

Swansea stadium and Windsor Park are too small at the moment for a UEFA event

Southgate will be boss for as long as he wants, the players especially the attackers are too good for us to have a proper shit tournament or not qualify so he won't be sacked

England fans are also blinkered to performances and focus on results and the stats stuff is getting worse not better, he's currently got a semi final and final under his belt, he'll go down as one of the best England managers ever 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Southgate will be boss for as long as he wants, the players especially the attackers are too good for us to have a proper shit tournament or not qualify so he won't be sacked

England fans are also blinkered to performances and focus on results and the stats stuff is getting worse not better, he's currently got a semi final and final under his belt, he'll go down as one of the best England managers ever 

I think England fans dont really care that much unless its a tournament. If Southgate gets to minimum quarter finals he wont be sacked

No club is touching him so he wont be leaving that way 

Â