Euro 2028 UK & Ireland

Demitri_C

It would be great to have the south american teams in the euros. 24 european teams + 8 south american ones. Most of the players play in Europe so would be easy for them. It would be of a better standard than the copa america- every time I try to watch some of that I am amazed on how poor it is.

• Haha 1

I'm actually surprised Greece have never made a serious bid. Guess the economy crashing a decade ago ruled things out but that would be a nice tournament for the tourist. Could include Cyprus in it for a few games.

Think Uefa are nervous about security with Turkey as they've bid numerous times in past 20 years so really a co-hosting in future is probably the best they could do.

• Like 1

Only a matter of time until FIFA and UEFA start an open war with both organizations wanting to have their own World Cup/European Championship Deluxe.

FIFA funded by the Saudis and UEFA by Qatar :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Only a matter of time until FIFA and UEFA start an open war with both organizations wanting to have their own World Cup/European Championship Deluxe.

FIFA funded by the Saudis and UEFA by Qatar :)

I'm sure when they floated the club world cup idea it was a Japanese bank that was funding it 

The club world cup could be interesting if they did it right 

But if fifa seriously go down the 2 year world cup cycle route then bin them off, it's a terrible idea

• Like 2

On 26/03/2022 at 01:36, VillaChris said:

I'm actually surprised Greece have never made a serious bid. Guess the economy crashing a decade ago ruled things out but that would be a nice tournament for the tourist. Could include Cyprus in it for a few games.

Think Uefa are nervous about security with Turkey as they've bid numerous times in past 20 years so really a co-hosting in future is probably the best they could do.

Problem with cyprus is, stadiums are not very big and public transport there is very poor.

There was at one point talk of a joint turkey greece bid but i can never see that happen as still some old wounds on the illegal turkish invasion of cyprus many years ago.

• 1 year later...
On 23/03/2022 at 08:55, The Fun Factory said:

It would be great to have the south american teams in the euros. 24 european teams + 8 south american ones. Most of the players play in Europe so would be easy for them. It would be of a better standard than the copa america- every time I try to watch some of that I am amazed on how poor it is.

Ay what!? It's called the Euros for a reason. No no-european nations. End of. If we open it up then we have the Saudis all ovr it and that cannot happen.

• Like 1

On 25/03/2022 at 23:36, VillaChris said:

Never happening. Greece ain't got a pot to piss in. Still cheaper than them bidding for Eurovision.

And the headline I saw after a quick Google says turkey withdraw to focus on a 2032 joint bid with italy

Its a farce now

Edit - reading the article it says that UEFA favour our bid as they want to recoup the money lost for the corona hit 2020 tournament... Says it all

Edited by villa4europe

Â