Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Two control questions for Memphis Depay and other prospects:

— Do you have a rap career?

— Do you have a streetwear clothing line?

I’m afraid Depay fails the test. Please stay away.

Wears his socks low with no shin pads.......get him in 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Yet 2 seasons ago we were solid (replaced Targett with Digne)

I meant we are much more poorly coached now...... But I guess you wanted to read it that way 🤷‍♂️

Digne is looking like a downgrade Targett if anything.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

It works if we are ditching the defensive 8s system. We need attacking 8s then it makes sense to have JJ/McGinn/Gallagher as those players

But to make room for attacking 8's, we'd need to ditch the 10's and the wingers.

A 4-2-3-1 with Kamara and Dendonker behind McGinn, Ramsey and Gallagher with Watkins up front works.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I meant we are much more poorly coached now...... But I guess you wanted to read it that way 🤷‍♂️

You all forget, Targett may have been a bit better at defending, but the amount of times Smith used him to cross balls in the box when he couldn't cross for shit, used to annoy the shit out if me.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

But to make room for attacking 8's, we'd need to ditch the 10's and the wingers.

A 4-2-3-1 with Kamara and Dendonker behind McGinn, Ramsey and Gallagher with Watkins up front works.

It would do. Sadly I think Palace will sneak a deal for Gallagher.

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I am not sure I understand the poorly coached aspect, our defence had turned very poor under Deano too, which contributed to his leaving AVFC.  Gerrard hasn't been able to improve it unfortunately so we are still in the same boat.