Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just can’t agree with the first part of that.  Bednarek is no better than Hause but is only coming in to start given WC year…..so poor deal.  Dendoncker is bang average and should be a bench player but a midfield of Kamara, McGinn and Dendoncker is frightening.  Poor Kamara, coming to play with that!

What utter rubbish, Bednarek has over 130 premier league appearances and 42 for Poland, that would suggest he's far better than Hause.

Dendonker has over 120 premier league appearances and 29 for Belgium. 

I'd suggest you don't get stats like that by being no better than Hause or by being "bang average".

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Is just me not understanding what the meltdown is. West Ham wanted Benerak, if he is good enough for them chasing Europe, he's good enough for us. Also Dendonka will work harder than anyone we have, he's a tough strong player too. If we bring in a name after these 2, we can crack on.

As long as we lose Gerrard ofcourse

Because they are poor players, it’s that simple.  

Our first XI is getting weaker with these two coming in, it’s that simple.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Is just me not understanding what the meltdown is. West Ham wanted Benerak, if he is good enough for them chasing Europe, he's good enough for us. Also Dendonka will work harder than anyone we have, he's a tough strong player too. If we bring in a name after these 2, we can crack on.

As long as we lose Gerrard ofcourse

We were told maybe a month and a half ago we wanted another CM to improve the midfield. Since then Fulham have signed palinha, wolves nunes, West Ham Paqueta, Everton onana, on deadline day we could be signing dendonker who can’t get into the squad of one of our closest rivals in the league. We lose our best centre back two weeks ago and on deadline day we’re signing bednarek, who Southampton have upgraded this season. Southampton are being linked with lacroix and caleta-car now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smokingzen said:

What utter rubbish, Bednarek has over 130 premier league appearances and 42 for Poland, that would suggest he's far better than Hause.

Dendonker has over 120 premier league appearances and 29 for Belgium. 

I'd suggest you don't get stats like that by being no better than Hause or by being "bang average".

It’s not rubbish.  Great you noted a few stats of appearances doesn’t say how they played and given I’ve watched them I’m comfortable with my view.

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Imagine it

On June 2nd we announce the signing of Carlos not long after signing Kamara.  Villa fans are delighted with the start of the early business especially after being told we’d have a busy summer.

————

Can you imagine telling all the Villa fans then that the only business we’d do for the next three months during the summer transfer window is a few fringe players in and out.  

Then on transfer deadline day you are signing Bednarek and Dendoncker, and Luiz is strongly linked with Arsenal. Carlos is out for around six months and we’ve lost 4 of the first 5 games.

Villa fans would be either calling people bedwetting for thinking that and that’ll never happen or fuming.  

Yet here we are!!! Embarrassing!!!

Yet some fans think we are having a decent day….it’s comical!

More than comical you couldn’t write this… underwhelmed is an understatement… season long loan and not an actual purchase might be the only thing holding me together but still id rather chambers play alongside mings so that still doesn’t fix the issue as we are trying to get better than chambers and konsa 😂 world cup situation helps us as that will be 2 months closer to getting carlos back and he will have plenty action to come back to, i think he will be back late Feb/Early March fingers crossed… dendocker does not help in shifting mcginn and ramsey but is supposed to cover for kamara I believe correct me if im wrong

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If we can get £30 mil  for Luiz with 9 months left on his contract and Chelsea buying a child off us for £20 million, then Purslow is doing that part of his job well at least.

But leaving our midfield short of quality at a time our midfield is not great that’s poor work as well by Purslow

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Because they are poor players, it’s that simple.  

Our first XI is getting weaker with these two coming in, it’s that simple.

Some were not listening when that European dream were sold i think thats clear to see 😂 these signings do not improve us how are people not seeing this and we need improving more than anyone else THATS the frustrating thing … is everyone not understanding this