Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

27 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

A twitter thread pointing the finger at Lange. Take it with a grain of salt but I can see a thread of bad or unnecessary transfers going back to the end of Dean's reign and it would certainly explain a lot.

Wasn’t there a rumour about Gerrard and Lange not getting on, around the time of the Sarr situation? To me this also reads as Gerrard didn’t want alternatives to his targets and Lange wanting to do things behind Gerrard’s back. If this is all true (which I’m taking it with a grain of salt) then this explains why this summer was a mess.

Also this still doesn’t take away from the fact that Gerrard’s set up is off.

Edited by Rustibrooks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Wasn’t there a rumour about Gerrard and Lange not getting on, around the time of the Sarr situation? To me this also reads as Gerrard didn’t want alternatives to his targets and Lange wanting to do things behind Gerrard’s back. If this is all true (which I’m taking it with a grain of salt) then this explains why this summer was a mess.

If any of this is true it’s time for Purslow to bang heads together. The club is bigger than any of them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

I don't agree. It states Suarez was a short term solution and he is the only "30-35yr" old mentioned. It also talks about buying youth in there if I am not mistaken.

Don't get me wrong I don't necessarily believe it but I like to look at opposing views.

Tarkowski is 30 in November too tbf

1 minute ago, PerryBarrPet said:

If any of this is true it’s time for Purslow to bang heads together. The club is bigger than any of them.

If there is any truth to it, I can see Gerrard resign if he is being continuously undermined by Lange or the club.

If that happens I fully expect him to rat Villa out. I just can't see him accepting that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, daft said:

I was away from following Villa for a while, and got back this season to watch every game, and I was at first very excited by all the pre-se season hype about top 8.

Then I looked at the squad that got Smith sacked, that seemed to limp in to finish 14th and compared to this season's squad and wondered if I had missed much, because Carlos and Kamara alone didn't really look like enough to me. 

But yeah, obviously Gerrard has done nothing to show he's the man.

And yeah, I know I'll get ripped for even thinking this loud about our squad, but I don't care. I call it as I see it.

Deano tried to go 3 5 2 with wing backs and got the sack as it didn't work. Gerrard has gone 4 3 2 1 with ultra attacking full backs and also hasn't worked. 

We just need something less complicated and that fits the players we have. Have full backs defend with a CDM and the CBs. Have the 8s attack with the front three. It's not rocket science

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daft said:

If there is any truth to it, I can see Gerrard resign if he is being continuously undermined by Lange or the club.

If that happens I fully expect him to rat Villa out. I just can't see him accepting that.

If it was true (which I still doubt) Lange could just as well feel undermined?

He's the sporting director and is supposed to plan our transfers long-term, while Gerrard (allegedly) feels he should have control and be able to make signings without thinking about the future.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Yeah its probably all BS but if Gerrard wanted Suarez and Tarkowski he should have been sacked there and then. 

Can you imagine how much money that would be on wages, for Suarez alone. Holy cow. 

Edited by Tayls

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im 99.9% they are going to bid for luiz esp after yesterday.

Id do a straight swap for ESR if he is available 

I think we all would. Doubt if ESR would be up for it though. :(

15 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Yeah its probably all BS but if Gerrard wanted Suarez and Tarkowski he should have been sacked there and then. 

If he wanted them, he should surely have been backed back then. 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Deano tried to go 3 5 2 with wing backs and got the sack as it didn't work. Gerrard has gone 4 3 2 1 with ultra attacking full backs and also hasn't worked. 

We just need something less complicated and that fits the players we have. Have full backs defend with a CDM and the CBs. Have the 8s attack with the front three. It's not rocket science

It just happens to be the case that two managers have utterly failed to find a system that suits the squad? Our fullbacks are in obvious need of midfield support defensively, just look at the second we conceded yesterday, or even the first when our CBs, Mings in particular, get caught out ball watching, assuming Martinez will sort it. Jesus is essentially alone. 

Not sure if Carlos had been enough to help out there. 

I'm having serious reservations about this squad, as well as our manager. If both are poor we are in for it. 

If it's only Gerrard then we will probably be safe of he goes, but I fear it's a deeper issue than that which is having a compounding effect on our performances. 

I bet a few of us would take Bednerek now!! FML! 

At this stage I'd be happy with Dedonker and Moura on loan - at least that gives us more options at CB/DM and No.10.

Is it bad that the signing I really want today is Craig Dawson?  That's how far expectations have fallen! 

Maybe we'll get a Connor Gallagher shaped surprise!

This whole tweet thing, it’s obviously someone making stuff up, but at the same time he raises valid points about Lange and how recruitment has changed over the course of this window. We have all raised questions about his ability over the past couple of windows. So I do have serious reservations about his ability.

However, our problems on the pitch are not down to that alone. That is very much on Gerrard and the Coaches. So it appears we have multiple people not doing a good enough job within their respective roles. I don’t think you can say that if one of them performs poorly, so does the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

A twitter thread pointing the finger at Lange. Take it with a grain of salt but I can see a thread of bad or unnecessary transfers going back to the end of Dean's reign and it would certainly explain a lot.

This guy has been proven to be wrong time and time again. Just an attention seeker.

move on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Apparently, we are back in for for Sarr, according to the Daily Mail. 

If we sign wingers we can change how we play and have attacking 8s and defending full backs. Coutinho and Buendia can play as 8s in such a system.